Choice Home Warranty / cancel policy retroactively when must pay for new washer

Jul 16, 2015
Choice Home Warranty
Birmingham MI
This episode covers three months and two appliances. 1. When my washing machine broke they sent a repairman who said it needed to be replaced. Choice Home Warranty said they were sending me $299 to replace it! This was June 2015 - But it could not be replaced for that little money. They said $299 was their cost to replace it. Okay, where can I get the washer at your cost? "You can't" they said. You mean I cannot buy a washer for the price you say you pay for one? "Yes, that's right." They said. What a rip off! 2. So I bought another washer and waited for the check. It didn't come. 3. Then in July 2015 my dryer needed a new gas regulator. A man came and replaced it. I had to pay the $45 fee to him. He said it also needed a new vent hose to go outside. That was $150 and Choice did not pay that. I called Choice and asked why. They were irritating and I said I would cancel if they didn't pay better. (They had taken my $40 monthly fee just 4 days earlier. Therefore I would be cancelling beginning the next month - August). The guy on the phone said my $299 check from June for the washer was waiting to be sent and he was revoking it and sending me a "prorated monthly fee back." What?!!! I did not ask for it to be cancelled for July, but for August. (I was still waiting for my check to come). They hung up on me. Even the repairman (for the dryer) had said they were a ripoff before he had left. I would go to great lengths to AVOID DOING ANY BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY ON ANY LEVEL!!! TELL YOU FAMILY AND FRIENDS TO A V O I D THEM AT ALL COSTS!

Choice Home Warranty Logo Choice Home Warranty