Cheapoair / deceptive advertising, bait and switch, ticket pricing

Torrance, CA, United States Review updated:

Bought tickets last June 16 on CheapOair website after receiving a newsflash airfare for and LAX-BCN flight. Booked for 3, got confirmation and booking numbers (+Spanair booking code) but was assured that ticket numbers would follow. Gave my credit card number and all's done. Well, after 3 days we got this email from CheapoAir stating to call their CS number if we haven't recieved our ticket numbers. Here when it all goes downhill:
1. Whenever you call their customer service numbers, aside from the minimum hold time of 30 mins, every agent has no clue of what your case is all about. They just keep telling you they'll look into it, but then you'll need to keep calling to follow up on it.
2. They actually tolfd us that our flight never existed! What? They're selling flights that do not exist? Then they come back at you with, "well, it does but at triple your purchase price"? Isn't this illegal?
3. Website, phone message while on hold and previous interviews from media sites states that they have "real time" confirmation...another issue with false advertising because after we got confirmations from their website, it wasn't honored after 3 days?

CheapoAir, my patience is running thin and to this day, we are still in limbo with your company. It's been a week and still the message I get is "we're working on it" as I still have my booking on your site but have no seats on the plane. Yes, I checked on Spanair and the code I got from you for Spanair is useless! I will be forced to take legal action unless this is resolved accordingly and fairly.

Dr

Comments

• Re
      Jun 25, 2011

Obviously you thought booking with an airline called "Cheapo" was a good idea at the time. You are probably the type of savvy consumer who buys milk called "Curdle-O", eggs called "PongO" and coffee called "Bitter-Much?"