Chase Mortgage / homeowners insurance fraud
We purchased our house in 2002. Our loan has been moved to several different mortgage companies (not at our request). In September 2007 Chase took over our mortgage. In January we received a letter from Chase saying that they had provided home owner insurance for us and the rate was $743.00. I called them because we have home owners insurance since day one with Farmers at $450.00 per year. They said they acquired our loan from another institution and was unable to confirm home owners insurance. Funny, they knew how to auto pay the loan each month which includes Principal, interest, taxes and INSURANCE. plus we make a extra principal payment on top of it. Why didn't they send a letter in September asking for a copy of our insurance policy. Now I receive a letter that our escrow account is SHORT $721.80 so they will be increasing our monthly payments. I called once I received the letter in January about the $743.00. We had a three way call with my Farmer's agent who confirmed we have had NO lapse in coverage and Chase said they would reverse the $743.00 charge. It is JULY and now they want me to make up the shortage THEY created in our escrow account.
More Chase Mortgage Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase bank worst customer service.
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - checking
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - statements
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - freeze on my only checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase fraud and they won't refund my money