Chase Mortgage / homeowners insurance fraud

1 Tempe, AZ, United States Review updated:

We purchased our house in 2002. Our loan has been moved to several different mortgage companies (not at our request). In September 2007 Chase took over our mortgage. In January we received a letter from Chase saying that they had provided home owner insurance for us and the rate was $743.00. I called them because we have home owners insurance since day one with Farmers at $450.00 per year. They said they acquired our loan from another institution and was unable to confirm home owners insurance. Funny, they knew how to auto pay the loan each month which includes Principal, interest, taxes and INSURANCE. plus we make a extra principal payment on top of it. Why didn't they send a letter in September asking for a copy of our insurance policy. Now I receive a letter that our escrow account is SHORT $721.80 so they will be increasing our monthly payments. I called once I received the letter in January about the $743.00. We had a three way call with my Farmer's agent who confirmed we have had NO lapse in coverage and Chase said they would reverse the $743.00 charge. It is JULY and now they want me to make up the shortage THEY created in our escrow account.

De

Comments

• Re
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Contrary to what some people have said on here, I am not trying to be one of those people I mentioned above. My company is a nationwide company that provides services for people that are at the end of their rope. One of the helpful things that we provide is letting you know, before payment for service, if we can assist you and if we can not. If we can not, we tell you why not and what can be done to allow our company to assist you. Most companies won't do that, but we will also give you the reasons why exactly so that, if you should choose a different service, they will not be able to scam you. Now that's a way of saving money too.

• Aj
      24th of Jun, 2009

They did exactly the same thing to me. After my first year of house payments they paid my Insurance then started dunning my escrow account for it. They charged me for period of time when they said they had no proof of coverage. Basically, I have had to fight them every month since. Today, I got a "soft collections" call at work, because they say I am past due because I didn't pay the escrow amount in my payment that they said I owed. Surely there must be something that can be done. Obviously this is something they do to people on a regular basis. Maybe a Big Old Class Action Law Suit is in the works. Oh yeah, to thank me for being loyal customer they raised my interest rate on my credit card by 6%. I could either take it or leave it. If I chose to refuse, they would close my account, which looks bad on your credit report. FURIOUS!!!

4th of Aug, 2009

They did the exact same thing to my wife and I. They have raised our payment $500.00 a month because of this (past 6 months) and I can't get anyone on the phone that can help me. I have requested an "Escrow Analysis" to try to get these charges reversed, but they keep sending me to other departments, then putting me on hold, then hanging up on me! Their customer service is horrible and I am getting a lawyer to try to help us out, even though it will cost me more money. Who can we report this to that could make a difference? It is shameful and should be illegal.