Chase Mortgage / chase home mortgage cripples the credit of military families

I am an active duty member of the Marines and an Iraq War vet. I moved Duty Stations from Virginia to Mass last summer and my wife and I sold our condo at a loss, so that we could complete our military move and have our first child closer to family. The loss although difficult was the right move for us in the current market and we were determined not to file for Chapt. 11 or enter foreclosure. I sold my home and closed my loan with chase on 31 May 2007. I have all closing documents to support this. Chase continued to send me bills and has reported me delinquent with two of three consumer credit reporting agencies, plummeting my credit and sending my family into financial peril. Angela Shelton at Chase has been telling me for months that this would be fixed. It is now January 15th 2008, we cannot get pre-approved for a new mortgage, apply for student loans for my Masters degree and our baby is due in 8 days. Chase Home Mortgage by their negligence and inaccurate reporting of my account history is financially ruining my family.

Va

Comments

• Hu
      14th of Feb, 2008

I had a similar problem with Chase Mortgage. I couldn't agree more. I lost my house to foreclosure in 2003 after our home was flooded with sewage from the city line deeming in uninhabitable. I asked Chase for help to stop or reduce the mortgage payments until I received money from insurance. They refused to do so. My insurance only provided so much and met their max. I then had to pay for a new place to live. Chase literally told me that they could do nothing about disasters and could do nothing to stop or temporarily reduce payments until a disaster such as mine was on itsway to resolution. I ended up handing the keys in voluntarily because there was no way for me to pay for 2 house payments. They have ruined my credit. I am still feeling the effects 5 years later. I have been through lawyers, the state/city governments and nothing was ever done. I ended up losing nearly $50,000 and have to endure the heartache of denied credit opportunities due to poor credit because of and inconsiderate and ignorant company that does not deserve the business of any American. I will never ever ever do business with this company or anything affiliated with Chase. I am bitter and feel they are responsible for the hardships I have endured over the 100% past few years. It is absolutely sickening!!! I saw your posted comments and it made my stomach sick.

• Tv
      30th of Mar, 2010

Chase does not care, and the people need todo something with the credit bureaus about scoring credit if the finanical institutions are going to use them.