Chase - Marriott Visa Credit Card / cheats customer with wrong and bogus information
Chase Marriott Visa Credit Card provided 0% APR on balance transfer to me for 6 months. I borrowed $20,000 on 11/2007, and I paid minimum payment afterwards monthly. I paid on 1/23 for Jan's payment which was 4 days' late due to my travel.
1) My first call to customer service:
On 1/23, Right after I made the late minimum payment, I called the customer service to explain the late reason and asked to restore my 0% back. I was told that he would submit a request for me and there should not be any problem to restore my 0% APR back. However, he told me to call back after 1/28/08 to make sure it would still be 0% APR.
2) My 2nd phone call:
After 1/28 (forgot the actual date), I made call again, I was told there is no previous request to restore my 0% APR, but she submit the request now and there should be no problem to restore 0% APR.
3) On 2/12, chase cardmember service wrote me a letter, I did not read it till 3/2/08
In the letter, it says:
The promotional balance is still active. However, in accordance with the term associated with your account, you may lose the promotional APR as of the first day of the billing cycle in which a default occurs. If this is the case, your next billing statement will indicate that your promotional APR has changed to your standard APR.
On 02/2008 's statement, they do charge me over $260 finance charge and $39 late fee.
If I was told that I would lost my promotional APR earlier, I would pay my full balance in Jan, 2008 to avoid furture finance change, but I just know it for sure now. I just paid my balance in full since I was told the interest is 15.99% and accumulate daily.
More Chase - Marriott Visa Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - ach deposit
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - charging me insufficient funds fee after I repaid the amount owed
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud refund
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - credit card payments
- Chase Bank - internet