Chase Home Finance / chase keeps insisting that I owe them this money, and I do not

The Business is Chase Manhattan, The Chase Home Finance Department that holds the Mortgage to my Home, It all began when my one of the agents with my insurance Provider accidently cancelled my insurnace by one digit , It was suppose to be another persons account they were cancelling, but instead it was mine, well Chase Home Finance sent me a letter stating that I had NO insurance coverage on my home, so I then called my insurance provider and after about 2 weeks everything was taken care of, but where the problem lies is with Chase Home Finance, they have now been sending my letters stating that I owe them BACK ESCROW, to make up for my insurance that was accidently cancelled, My insurance provider has already re-issued a check to them 2 months ago and they still insist that I owe them this back escrow for house insurance, they expect me to pay $1,188.50 up front or add and extra $70 a month to make up for it, My wife and I have called Chase Home Finance repeatedly to explain to them the situation , but Chase Home Finance's outstanding telephone technicians, as I call them, Can't seem to understand that the problem has been resolved with my insurance problem, Chase keeps insisting that I owe them this money, and I DO NOT. I have always paid my house note 1 month ahead of time and have always paid the correct amount. I believe the problem is with Chase Home Finance having each department in different states, all is done with computers, you call one department in this state and then get transferred to another department in another state and still can't get anyone of the phone that knows what they are talking about. Being my wife works for a large Law Firm my nest step will possibly be taking Legal Action after I try once more to get CHASE HOME FINANCE to understand THEIR problem with my escrow, Can you Sue for Stress and Mental anguish caused by a large company such as Chase Home Finance?

Ma
Sort by: DownDate | Rating

Comments

19th of Jul, 2011

Chase Bank and their employees have no intention to help struggling homeowners. I bought at house in 07, put a large sum of money down and pre paid the mortgage for 3 months. Long story short, ended up falling 3 months behind on payments due to job loss. Called chase and tried every single option possible to get help from them. Eventually tried to get a loan modification. Sent in the modification paperwork 3 times, and every time it got lost. Finally, one employee over the phone told me to just stop paying the mortgage and save that money for my next home because they were not going to approve the modification. After another month of going back and fourth with these crooks, a short sale was approved, and closed. Chase agreed to take the loss and report the sale as paid as agreed. To my suprise I found out the same week the purchase agreement was signed chase put the home in foreclosure, never sending any paperwork, there was no sheriff sale, no anything. They also never applied ANY of the payments that were made on the loan on my credit either. I have tried to dispute this and have called chase many times and they refuse to change this FALSE info on my credit. They also never returned the trial modification payments that were made which in my state is required by law. I have talked to my attorney general and talked to a laywer and I am going to pursue this in court.

17th of Oct, 2010

We need to align ourselves against these ILLEGAL PRACTICES.
    You need to contact the CONTROLLER OF THE CURRENCY, ADMINISTRATOR OF NATIONAL BANKS, US Department of Treasury
    Email helpwithmybank.gov

• Je
      20th of Feb, 2010

In November of 2010 we had to put a new transmission in our vehicle so I called Chase to ask if there was anything we could do to work out payment (I offered to pay 1/2 by the due date and the 2nd half in December). I was told that sending half would still show as 'unpaid' and be considered late. So in December I sent payment and of course that was applied for November and I got another late fee tacked on. So I called again to see if I could work out a repayment plan for the late payment. After 40 minutes and a 'wild goose chase' of transfers & dropped calls, I was able to work out a repayment plan for the one month's payment. In January I sent the agreed upon payment & by the second week of February I got a default payment stating we were behind two payments (they applied January to December & put the extra $300 in 'suspense funds' and later applied to the principal - according to my online account info). They were adding February in the 2 month's late - which it was only 2/8 and we have until 2/16 before it's "late", technically. Anywho, we decided to pay what the default letter said we owed (two months payment) and included an extra $75 to cover (ANOTHER) late fee & send this via EXPRESS Mail to the overnight address (In Ohio) on 2/12.
    I have confirmation from the USPS that the mailing was delivered on 2/16 at about 10:23AM and have a signed copy of the receipt. Chase still claims they haven't received payment & as of today, 2/19, the cashier's check has not been cashed. I'm not sure how long it takes Chase to process a payment but it seems as though regular payments I've mailed in in the past were processed much quicker than this!! Why have an 'overnight' address if you don't process those payments sooner????
    Furthermore, Chase called me on 2/17 and 2/18 to inquire about payment even though I called them FIRST on both days to determine the status of my payment!!! Each time they apologized for calling me, noting that they 'see that here on your informatin' but they still proceeded to ask me all those personal questions ("are you still living in the home?, " "do you intend to keep the home?" and a bunch of financial questions that I don't get the point of...).
    I decided today I'd wait until 2/22 or 2/23 before I really panic - I'm faxing a copy of the USPS delivery receipt so they can see that my package was indeed sent to them though!! They are the WORST company to deal with - & what really irks me is that they weren't my choice. I had a loan with First Horizon but our loan got sold... ;-( We have no say in the matter and we're stuck with these predators!!!

• Mo
      19th of Feb, 2010

Chase Mortgage was trying to sell me on a procedure (Name Change) that would cost me $100. There are other options a home owner can select other than this procedure, but Chase wants more of your money. This is definity improper tactics they sorry operation choices to practice.

• Mi
      25th of Jan, 2010

Dealing with Chase has been downright rediculous, we are still waiting on a money order to show up(mailed on March of 2009). USPS has given us a copy of the Money Order cashed by Chase but no one wants to sign the affidavit to prove they havent gotten it. A class action lawsuit needs to be started TODAY!

• Mi
      28th of Dec, 2009

To: can't- stand -chase- customers ...if it wasn't for the people you wouldn't have a job. We pay your salary. If you we're customer friendly their wouldn't be complaints.I hope people start pulling their money from your bank. I'am...we all know that you guys lured people into arm loans and gambled with our 401ks. And now look ...what a mess.No one asked to lose their jobs.

• Di
      13th of Oct, 2009

if you had bought a house by putting money down and with savings in the bank, as soon as you get hurt at work or lose a job you dont fall behind immediately and whine that the bank doesnt help you. YOU signed the mortgage stating YOU would pay on the first of each month ( no where does a mortgage say that in case of harship the bank is obligated to change your payments) its business, people. You must have all voted for Obama. We all laugh at the phone calls we get about how dumb you people are...hiring attorneys for loan mods, demanding mods or not paying us, its really hysterical. Why dont you take care of your own business. on top of that the funniest thing is, half the people who call for assistance have bigger car paymetns than their house payment is!! Sell your car idiot...there is your loan mod right there.

• Ca
      7th of Oct, 2009

you guys are all so cute complaining about us. sit in our seat for one day and deal with the calls and crap you get. suddenly you will see how 95% of this is due to a problem the customer has caused for themselves or we are waiting to hear back from the loans investor.

loved the part about watching the caller ID! damn right we do!! :)

5th of Sep, 2009

We're now on our second nightmare with Chase. In Spring of 09, they mysteriously stopped applying payment s to our mortgage account. We received a late notice, called Chase. They noted that we had made the payment on time, but stated that we needed to make it again. We did. Again, they didn't accept it or apply it. This went on for weeks. Then, whe we called we noticed we were being transfered to the risk department where we were variously told that our loan was a sub-prime or that we were in foreclosure. Over many calls to general call center reps, they could see that we always paid on time and finally, after months of this nightmare, they fixed something in the "system" and starting applying and accepting subsequent payments.
    The nightmare returns: In July we were asked for proof of insurance. We submitted it at once and received acknowledgement from Chase that we had the needed coverage in place. Today, I receive a "notice of placement of hazard insurance" in the mail! This is a nearly $3, 000 policy and we're told we owe Chase that payment!
    Please--I ask everyone reading and posting to this site: If banks were too big to fail in 2008, is there any hope for the future of financial services? We now have fewer, larger banks providing "service" that--from the posts here--appears to form a conspiracy against decent people and perhaps the economy at large. (I can't believe I'm saying this but I just can't figure out how else to explain what's going on) Best of luck to you all. I have an executive office phone number and plan to do everything I can to get my mortgage transfered at Chase's expense to a mutually agreeable mortage holder.
    Matt

• El
      22nd of Jun, 2009

I just had a heart attack, true, after trying to work out a loan modification loan with Chase, which they sent to foreclosure instead!!! It's a nightmare. None of the documents signed by us can be foud in their system and now they claim we are in default! I had to hire a lawyer to help me out, but honestly I think it's too late. People do not trust your home to Chase, please.

The Lucianos

• Pm
      23rd of May, 2009

The Chase saga of incompetence goes on...

I bought a condo a year ago and authorised Chase to deduct payments from a diffrent Bank Account. Early this year I went to the nearest office location to
    1.open a new Chase Checking Account
    2.provide change of address
    3.change payment details from the other account (different Bank) to the Chase Checking Account.

A month later, Chase charged BOTH accounts the ENTIRE mortgage Amount!!!
    When I called Chase, I was advised to Call my other Bank and stop them from sending payments to CHASE. When I called my Bank, they said that because I had authorised Chase to charge them, I should Call Chase and have them stop charging them!!!
    I called Chase AGAIN and was advised t call Chase Mortgage. When I called Chase customer service, I learned that the Address on my account did not match. I had to go through the entire process ALL OVER AGAIN. I was promised that my add and payment details had been updated.
    The customer Service rep opened a ticket and had the additional payment wired back and promised that this would not happen again.
    The very next month, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!
    Again I called Chase Customer Service Rep, AGAIN I UPDATED ADDRESS, AGAIN I UPDATED PAYMENT DETAILS, AGAIN THE REP PROMISED ALL HAS BEEN FIXED IN THE SYSTEM, AGAIN HE WIRED THE MONEY BACK TO OTHER ACCOUNT.

THE VERY NEXT MONTH, IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!
    This Time there was a twist.
    Yes, we still updated the ADD, We also updated the Payment Details, BUT FOR SOME REASON THE REP THOUGHT I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE CHARGES MADE IN PREVIOUS MONTH AND SO HE NEVER OPENED A TICKET AND THE MONEY WAS NOT WIRED BACK TO OTHER ACCOUNT!!!

SO I called Chase Customer Service AGAIN.
    When I asked to talk to a manager/ supervisor, THE LADY HUNG UP.
    BUT BY NOW, I KNOW THE CUSTOMER SERVICE NUMBERS BY ROTE AND I WILL NOT LET IT PASS< SO I CALLED AGAIN.
    I SPOKE TO A DIFFERENT REP AND YET AGAIN I TOLD HER WHAT THE PROBLEM WAS. SHE CONFIRMED THAT THERE WAS NO TICKET TO A NEW WIRE TRANSFER (AGAIN) FO CURRENT MISTAKE. SHE OPENED ONE. I THEN ASKED TO TALK TO A MANAGER AND WAS TRANSFERED TO ONE. WHILE TALKING TO MANAGER, I REALISED THAT THE ADD HAS STILL NOT BEEN UPDATED. THE MANAGER AND I WENT THROUGH THE ENTIRE PROCESS AGAIN- PAYMENT DETAILS, ADDRESS CHANGE ETC. I HAVE BEEN PROMISED THAT ALL HAS BEEN FIXED IN THE SYSTEM, AND THAT CHASE WILL WIRE THE MONEY BACK TO OTHER ACCOUNT.

I have had a Chase account for more than 6 years. LUCKILY for me, I never had to use it much. I was very happy when I got Chase Mortgage.
    BUT I have to say, I am SORELY DISSAPOINTED with Chase. I do not trust Chase to do anything right. I would take my business away, if there was a simpple way without refinancing.

My business probably does not make a huge difference to Chase and OBVIOUSLY means even less.

I am right now a forced and unhappy Chase customer. This is aggravating and a sheer waste of my time.

I have had WAY better service from smaller BANKS who appreciate my business.

I am in the process of buying another house and a car. Well, at least I know which bank not to go to.

• Bu
      10th of Jan, 2009

Boy,

Am I in for a crappy ride...I had lost my job three times in the last 8 years...I gradually had fallen one month behind on mortgage payments on a 30 year fixed but managed after to keep paying the full amount to Chase plus a late fee. Well, since I'm on unemployment after the third layoff (Don't work for Ashland Chemical, trust me), I contacted their Loan Modification department immediately through a group who assists with this process via the State of New Jersey. What a circle jerk. MMI (Money Mgmt. International) and I contacted Chase on Nov. 3rd, gave them all the paperwork for the modification on November 4th. Redid the Hardship letter per their specs on the 16th of November. All documents confirmed received...and then NOTHING. NOBODY knows anything...they kept telling me they didn't have all my documents required for processing but the group MMI (Money Management International) had received copies of all of them and confirmed I was OK to go. Then together, MMI and I called them each week to follow up on the paperwork and see where it was in the process of Modification. NOTHING. They didn't see it turned over to the 'correct' department because of...hmm, don't know...hmmm. Oh yea, you owe us this document still before we can process. No dumb ###, I DON'T owe you anything just process the damn paperwork I busted my a*s to get together. It is now January, I had my home sale fall through after the inspection..I was doing everything right according to my real estate friends and financial counsellors. Now, I'm probably going to have to go through the hell that you all have above and I cannot believe they would not amend my mortgage to a reasonable amount even though I'm on unemployment. They told me that I must find (get this) GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT before I can modify my loan. Listen up dip [censored]s, If I had GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT I wouldn't be in this situation nor asking for a loan modification. I thought I was doing the responsible thing...only to be told in January that it's a NO CAN DO because the Underwriters won't approve my modification...all because of Uemployment. I wasted three months. When I heard the CSR who I could barely understand tell me I needed gainful employment I wanted to jump through the phone and strangle the b*yatch. Lots of us are unemployed through no fault of our own. They at Chase have A LOT OF NERVE robotically saying this stupid phrase while the rest of us are trying to keep our heads above water. Chase does not grasp the concept that unemployment is at an all time high and projected to get worse. Now, are they going to keep their heads up their butts or are they going to let the unemployed who have mortgages with them just go into foreclosure?????

• Em
      16th of Oct, 2008

Chase Home Finance is the worst company I have EVER had to deal with. I recently lost my job due to an injury and had to sell my home. I had to short sell my home by $10, 000.00 because of depreciation. I was in no way financially able to come up with the $10, 000.00. This sent me to the homeowners assistance program with Chase and they have literraly been ignoring me for months. My contract is about to run out with the buyers and therefore they are going to end up owning the entire debt. GOOD LUCK CHASE. THANKS FOR NOTHING

• Ro
      14th of Oct, 2008

I had a 5/25 loan at 6% with chase, it will go ARM in December 2010, I am not behind on my payment, just thought about submitting a hardship letter to chase home loan with all financial documents attached to the letter. they approved me for a loan modification after 30 days of my request. my loan was set 5% interest for the remaining balance of the loan. I thought it was pretty good and didn't have no problem communicating with them.

• Ji
      13th of Oct, 2008

We are going through a nightmare with Chase Home Finance. My husband was laid-off earlier this year, so I was making 2 split payments to Chase for those couple of months until he got called back to work. After he was called back, we made payments in full for each month. We didn't know and no where in any of our paperwork does it say that Chase does not accept 2 payments per month. So all the money we sent them for those couple of months were placed in a "Suspended Funds" account and never applied to the loan. We were floored when we received an Act 91 notice in the mail. We immediately called them and was then told about the "suspended funds". They had no problem cashing the check every month and holding our money, but wouldn't apply any of it to the loan. So it appeared as though we were in default on the loan. They suggested that we apply for their homeowners assistance program and once approved, the suspended funds would be released and applied to the loan. However, we would need to pay for their document fees, prep fees, late fees, penalites and misc. fees. We didn't want to lose the house, so we said fine. Surely the fees wouldn't be that much. Well we went through the whole process, we were told we were approved, just need to wait on their anaylst to call with the amount owed for the fees. Once that payment was received, our account would be current. She finally called and denied us. She said that we didn't meet the requirements since there was money in the suspended funds account. We would now need to pay all the past amount due (which is in the suspended funds) and a HUGE amount of fees to make the account current and then the suspended funds would be applied afterwards. We didn't know what to do, so my husband went into work and took the money out of his 401k to bring the account current. His work had to speak with the bank to verify the amount they wanted. We received the check about 10 days later and called Chase the same day to re-verify the amount due and told them we were mailing the check that day. They asked for a payment by phone, but we wanted a paper trail. They gave us the address of where to mail it to and made a note that payment was sent that day. A week later were get a letter in the mail that now our account has been turned over to an attorney and we have to pay all their legal fees. The letter is dated the day after we called and was postmarked 5 days later. In the meantime, they said our check has been denied but refuse to return it. So in total, they have money in a suspended funds account, most of it they took to apply towards bogus fees they charged, the check we mailed to make the account current AND we are overpaid on our escrow too. All of this money the refuse to return or apply to the loan. Chase now said that their attorney has applied for a sheriff's sale and we need to vacate the property immediately. We are at our absolute wit's end with this bank. And honestly do not know what to do other than to start packing. My husband can't touch his 401k for another 6 months and we do not have the money lying around for them to "hold" and not apply to the loan. Can someone tell us if what they are doing legal and who can we talk to???

• Ha
      30th of Sep, 2008

I too have had a terrible expierience with Chase Home Finance. Maybe I have found a remedy, altho it is in the early stages. I contacted my local state represenative who inturn contacted the the state attournet Generals office and the secretary of states office. I also contacted my congressman and state senator. I have filed suit as of the 26th of sept. in the ciruit court. Maybe I wont win and maybe I will, but if it helps someone avoid the problems involved with Chase I will have r4eached my two goals, the first of which is saving my home. So document your expierience as best you can. write in a journal and keep track of phone calls and dates and names and subject mater. Then contact the HUD rep in your area and those I mentioned above. Chase and others like them have to be stopped

• Ky
      22nd of Sep, 2008

They are scammers. My husband and I bought our home last year from M&T Bank. Not even two months after we bought our home, and made our first mortgage payment I received a letter from Chase Home Finance saying that they had bought our mortgage from M&T. Not once did I ever receive a letter from M&T saying that they were selling my mortgage. Early this year we went to go buy a vehicle, and we couldn't with our credit, becuase they said we had two mortgages. One with M&T and one with Chase. So I tried to call M&T to let them know that they had sold my mortgage (which they should have record of) and they are no longer in business. I had to call Chase, and they weren't much help at all. They said that they had owned my mortgage. My payments were suppossed to be on a fixed rate $520 a month for 30-years. This past April, Chase decided that they were going to start charging us for Escrow shortages. In April on top of my original $520 per month they wanted me to pay an additional $120 for escrow shortage. Which I did, stupidly thinking I would lose my home. Nonetheless, after I paid the extra $120.00 they still raised my monthly payments by $5 dollars. Now this month (September 2008) there was supposedly another Escrow Shortage, so they charged me and additional $276 on top of the $525 that I pay. Not only that they are still raising my payments another $10 to $535.00 . So instead of paying $525 this month, I paid about $820.00 If I wouldn't have paid, my monthly payments would still go up to be $550.00. I paid again, becuase I am just now seeing how much they scam. I have never been late, I always send a check out in the mail, the day I get my bill, I have even paid extra and they are still charging me extra and raising my prices. IS THIS LEGAL?? PLEASE RESPOND

• Re
      31st of Jan, 2008

That’s another reason why I created this company. I take your number out of their "system". When they mail you something, it goes to me. I take the burden away from you so you can live your life without the phone calls and the letters. And the rudeness!!! Oh, man, if I told you some of the stories I have heard....let's just say, it’s not pretty.

• Li
      8th of Jan, 2008

My mortgage was sold to chase. Ever since it went to them it has been nothing but trouble. They mis-applied two months of payments to another account.
    When I faxed them copies of the checks from the bank, they realized it was thier mistake. They still had me pay them the two months again until they fixed it. Guess what? they didn't fix it. They foreclosed on my house. They gave a two week notice that it was being auctioned. I called my lawyer. In the meantime I am still sending in my payments. Which is illegal. They cannot foreclosue if you are still paying. Guess what, it took him three weeks just to get someone to talk to.
    My lawyers are still fighting them. Good luck to all homeowners of america especially those with Chase. This is not the American Dream we were all seeking Im sure.

• Sc
      29th of Dec, 2007

My situation is a bit different, but still shows very clearly the heartless, uncaring, unfeeling, dishonest and downright disgusting characteristics of Chase. My second mortgage holder, Bank One, has been absorbed by Chase in recent years. Also, my home is now tied up in a chapter 13 bankruptcy, much to my chagrine. In December of 2006, my home was heavily damaged by a major fire. After 8 months of fighting, I finally secured a settlement from my insurance company, only to have Chase to tell me that they will not endorse the insurance draft so that I can collect at least a part of the money and begin repairs. They tell me that they will release the funds when the repairs are completed. What the Sam Hill do they think I bought insurance for?! I can't make repairs without the insurance money, but the folks at Chase are too incredibly stupid to realize this. Now, the house is full of mold, and I am running up rent and other expenses at another location, none of which I can really afford, but I have to live somewhere. Not only that, but the stress of the situation has aggravated my diabetes to the point that my blood sugar is constantly out of control. Chase owes me a home, living expenses and compensation for emotional distress! Chase owes me all of this!!!! Take it from me, folks....if you are a customer of Chase and they haven't screwed you over yet, they eventually will! They are bad news!