Chase Custom Finance Car Loan / harrasment by collectors

1 Bridgeport, OH, United States Review updated:

The last year I struggled with pay cuts etc. I was lucky enough to transfer with my job and received my salary back. During the transition, Chase Custom FInance hassled me, called me 7 days a week and my car payment had not even got to be 30 days late. I am trying to get on my feet again and things are looking great. I spoke to CHase today and the collector told me they are allowed to be rude because they are no in Customer Service and they are there to be objective and that I had been 30 days late 17 times. trust me, if this were the case thesxe ### holes would have repoed it. She also told me that I pay 20% interest because I am high risk and that my loan has not helped me. I told her she should be ashamed of herself and that it is ok for the Taxpayers to bail out the banks but when we all need help it is a different story. I ask anyone who has dealings with chase to contact their local attorney general, the banking commission and lodge a complaint for the harrasment. CHASE IS HORRIBLE AND THEY GET AWAY WITH HARRASING CALLS TO THEIR CUSTOMER'S WORK ETC. ANY COLLECTION TACTIC THEY USE THAT IS ILLEGAL, THEY NEVER HAVE A RECORD.

Comments

25th of Mar, 2010

Actually, according to what I was told by Chase Finance Company, they can start calling one day after the loan is due and continue to call even if you "make arrangements" to pay. I have dealt with them for well over a year myself, injury and illness has kept me out of work, so I don't pay ontime - disability is slow to pay - Generally, I just hang up on them, after I point out that I've already spoken to someone and I will NOT borrow money from someone to pay them. I have a year to go on my loan and believe me I am trying to get done sooner. Never again will I accept a loan from this company and I will discourage everyone I know to avoid them. The best way to get them is to hit'em in their the pocketbook.

• Ro
      1st of Mar, 2011

I have a GOOD one! I had one pmnt. 1 day late! All pmnts. were wired and over the amnt.! My ex is NOT on the loan & Chase was informed of the DANGER, due to Domestic Violence...I was going to relocate and gave family addresses & numbers. My brother paid two pmnts., (so I thought) I just found that Chase took 2 more from his bank card! They went to his home @ 4 a.m. & told him they will arrest him & me! YET THEY SPOKE WITH MY EX & VIOLATED THE FED. PRIVACY ACT! I kept a paper trail! Now the vehicle is parked and the Fed. Gvmnt. has been contacted! This happened almost 2 yrs. ago! hmmmmm!