Chase Credit Card Services / possible providian scam?

1 Phoenix, AZ, United States Review updated:

I have had postings of payments not credited for up to 2 weeks after they were mailed, and subsequently one week after due date. This obviously results in late charges and finance charges being added. The strange thing is that I have documented other items mailed at the same time are always delivered in a timely manner !

This seems strangely similar to the Providian scams investigated in the past. I got no resolution with Chase Bank and cancelled my account. Does Chase need to be investigated for thier banking activities ?

St

Comments

Vi
  15th of Dec, 2009

I experienced exactly the same thing this past summer but with an added twist. I actually made payments on two Chase cards on separate accounts on the same day with two checks in numbered sequence. One was credited, the other took three weeks to credit and incurred a late fee by one day. When I called to complain and explained the odd circumstances, they refused to admit that there was any possibility of their misprocessing the check. They went on to suggest that I had deliberately withheld mailing the one payment despite all other bills to a variety of companies/utilities paid on the same day being processed without incident. I have been a loyal and satisfied Chase customer for nearly two decades, but now I distrust them and watch every statement like a hawk.