Chase Credit Card / change term of the account
We had a credit card account with Washington Mutual, which has been absorbed by Chase. We have always paid in an excellent manner. When we did not receive the March statement, I went ahead and scheduled a payment through online billpay. Anticipating that they could possibly change the due date, thereby putting me late and enabling them to change the terms of my account, I paid the bill 6 days earlier than usual. I received the statement today to discover that they did change the due date to 7 days earlier. So, I was one day late. I was charged a late fee and my interest rate was increased by 11%.
I called them and asked them to review my account with WaMu. If they did so, they would have seen that we have an excellent, long term payment history with them. Also, I made reasonable attempts to avoid this situation. Chase responded that they did send a bill and since there was no banking error, nothing would change. While on hold for a supervisor, I googled the situation to discover that many of those who were a part of the conversion did not receive a statement and the same thing happened to them. The supervisor agreed to waive the late fee, but the interest rate would remain.
More Chase Credit Card Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - new checking account bonus - correction to coupon code
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - regarding chase account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - horrible customer service
- JP Morgan Chase Bank, New York, NY - wire transfer
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - closed bank account and can't access money