Chase Credit Card / fraud & cheating!

United States Review updated:
I closed my Chase credit card account when I realized that I was charged $29 late fee plus $6.37 finance charges. I paid on the due date electronically. So I just didn't think it was fair for them to charge me the money, since I always pay full balance on time. The customer service representative was rude. She said it takes two days to process. What? Out of a Chase banking account? Meantime I rip the card and applied for a new account at HSBC. My credit score is 775. I received the card in 10 days.

The remaining balance at CHASE was paid in full RIGHT ON TIME but after a month I receive another bill from Chase with a finance charge of $4.82.

Beware!

Comments

Wh
  26th of Aug, 2008
Chase is aweful! I called them and they had no idea why my card was not working. I called in repeatedly many times, but every time I called they told me to reapply on Amazon.com for a new card. I do not know what they think, I think they offshored the contract to Pakistan. The service representatives in Paksitan think closing a card is fun stuff, for getting the $30 off on Amazon. Or reducing the credit limit does not do anything. It does affect your credit score in a bad way. When I complained to Amazon, they put a nasty message in my credit report, and purchased my Mortgage from another company. Lets see what happens now! I think they are out to get me now.
Di
  13th of Sep, 2008
Did you pay in the evening? It says on their website that if an online payment is made after 4:00 pm, the payment date will automatically be the next day.
Mp
  5th of Jun, 2009
Everyone should boycott Chase. I got a promotional Chase Circuit City card that I was told was interest free. I paid ONCE late, because they changed the payment site from Circuit City to Chase. Now I have finance charges every month. I have complained more than once. I was finally told by a manager that it's all my responsibility and that there's nothing she can do. I'm done with Chase. I closed two Chase credit cards after this and will never bank with them again. I have heard stories from lots of others about how Chase messes with its customers. Down with Chase.

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank