Chase Credit Card / fraud & cheating!

I closed my Chase credit card account when I realized that I was charged $29 late fee plus $6.37 finance charges. I paid on the due date electronically. So I just didn't think it was fair for them to charge me the money, since I always pay full balance on time. The customer service representative was rude. She said it takes two days to process. What? Out of a Chase banking account? Meantime I rip the card and applied for a new account at HSBC. My credit score is 775. I received the card in 10 days.

The remaining balance at CHASE was paid in full RIGHT ON TIME but after a month I receive another bill from Chase with a finance charge of $4.82.

Beware!

Comments

• Wh
      26th of Aug, 2008

Chase is aweful! I called them and they had no idea why my card was not working. I called in repeatedly many times, but every time I called they told me to reapply on Amazon.com for a new card. I do not know what they think, I think they offshored the contract to Pakistan. The service representatives in Paksitan think closing a card is fun stuff, for getting the $30 off on Amazon. Or reducing the credit limit does not do anything. It does affect your credit score in a bad way. When I complained to Amazon, they put a nasty message in my credit report, and purchased my Mortgage from another company. Lets see what happens now! I think they are out to get me now.

• Di
      13th of Sep, 2008

Did you pay in the evening? It says on their website that if an online payment is made after 4:00 pm, the payment date will automatically be the next day.

• Mp
      5th of Jun, 2009

Everyone should boycott Chase. I got a promotional Chase Circuit City card that I was told was interest free. I paid ONCE late, because they changed the payment site from Circuit City to Chase. Now I have finance charges every month. I have complained more than once. I was finally told by a manager that it's all my responsibility and that there's nothing she can do. I'm done with Chase. I closed two Chase credit cards after this and will never bank with them again. I have heard stories from lots of others about how Chase messes with its customers. Down with Chase.