Chase Bank / charge to cash a check

1 HWY 6Sugar Land, TX, United States Review updated:

I had a personal check made ou to me for about $800 for a product I sold. It was from a chase bank so I went inside to cash it. The teller asked me if I had an account with Chase. I said I have a chase credit card and my 200, 000 mortgage was with Chase but I did not have a saving or checking account with chase. They said they would cash the check for a 6 dollar fee because I did not have a checking or savings account even though it was issed by chase. I left and put it in my bank for free. I HATE CHASE BANK!!!

Comments

• Co
      18th of Apr, 2010

Consider yourself lucky. I deposited a check drawn on Chase into my Chase account back in February of 2010 I was notified on 04/13/2010 that the funds did not clear and they pulled the money out of my account on 04/08/2010. When I went to the branch thinking it was a mistake and it can be rectified, instead of apologizing the manager was rude and tried to tell me I must take some responsibility for checks I deposit and charged me a return check fee. This was not a check from a Nigerian bank. It was someone I have done business with for years. I am going to pursue this. This bank does whatever they want. Everyone I have talked to has never heard anything like this. A Chase check being deposited into a Chase checking account being returned after 10 weeks. I am considering not accepting an Checks drawn on Chase. I am a small businessman and cannot absorb a 526.00 hit.