Chase Bank / didnt obama bail outb the banks already? chase bank is certainly double dipping!

1 Los Angeles, CA, United States Review updated:

Didnt Obama already bail these banks out?

Hers "My" Complaint:
On the 3rd of every month, My disability check gets deposited into my account. I am on pennies surviving like everyone else right now just trying to make ends meet.
In 2004, i had TWO bank accounts with Washington Mutual. ONE of them was overdrafted 1000.00 and eventually closed. The other remained open and in good standing. Fast forward 5 years, CHASE bank acquires Washington Mutual. My good standing account is grandfathered in ( so i obviously didn't sign any forms relinquishing my rights) - NOW, 6 years later out of nowhere without any notices, warnings or foresight, CHASE has come in on the 3rd day of the month coldly calculated and ripped my disability money from me WHILE it was still pending at that!!. Thus, defaulting on my rent check, causing an added 100.00 charge with my building manager and getting a 3 day eviction notice.
Can they do this?
They are actually stealing from the federal government as the funds haven't even cleared yet! I am told due to my fixed income that i am exempt from this. (Unfortunately today is Saturday and i must wait until Monday to find out.)

DO NOT THINK FOR A MOMENT you are safe from these guys as i thought i was. Monday morning, The accounts get closed and i move to a credit union. If you have the time in the day, research CHASE BANK on line with the proper keywords and find out the truth about these corporate snakes. I cant belive this nightmare activity is allowed to go on. My local states attorney office gets the next call along with the department of Financial Institutions http://www.dfi.ca.gov/consumers/

Comments

• Wh
      4th of Dec, 2010

Right of offset: Banks' legal right to seize funds that a guarantor or debtor may have on deposit to cover a loan in default. It is also known as the right of set-off.

• Ba
      6th of Apr, 2011

The bank can't cancel automatic withdrawals, YOU have to do that, since you were the one that authorized them.

You say you notified them that you were closing it, but you didn't say you actually closed it. Why would they stop a transaction that you authorized, when the account is still open?

• Ba
      6th of Apr, 2011

disregard that comment, idk why it posted it here...