Chase Bank / online billing

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I have a Chase credit card. They sent me mail touting the benefits of a paperless account. I went to their web site to register. I read the terms and conditions and declined because they required arbitration for any dispute. I soon began to get spam mail from their partners so I sent a email to the person who sent me a welcome-to-their-website email. I stated unequivocally that I had declined the terms and did not want access to their site. I also demanded that they contact every one of their partners and ensure that my name was removed from their mailing list. The mail eventually trickled off but when I charged an item on my Chase card, the bill went to the web site instead of being mailed. It was the first charge I had made in two years. Naturally, I didn't pay it, having never seen it. By chance, a clerk offered me 20% off a purchase for signing up for a credit card. I accepted but the application was rejected. zA check of my credit report revealed that Chase had been charging me late fees for six months on top of the original charge. I called Chase and had a heated discussion with a woman who said they were only authorized to 'forgive' three months of late fees. I asked her to get me someone who could rescind ALL the late fees and she asked who I think that might be. Smart ###, she was. I simply replied that she should find me someone in her organization who is in a position to hire and fire. That's the person I want to talk to. She switched me to another state and the person I spoke agreed to rescind the charges and I agreed to pay for the original charge. I payed over the phone and then filed a dispute with the credit bureau. I am contemplating legal action for the unauthorized switching of my account. Once I get a legal opinion from an attorney, I will decide what approach to take. I am looking for Chase to answer my dispute with a negative reply. That should give me some ammo to tear them a new one.

Comments

• M7
      6th of Sep, 2009

You made a credit card charge and because they didn't get a bill you you naturally didn't pay it? I don't understand anytime I charge my credit card I always know that I made a charge regardless if it goes on the paper bill or not. good luck trying to get those fees reversed.

• In
      13th of Jan, 2011

Importance of Online Invoicing
    Invoicera is an online billing and time tracking software that makes your business invoicing fast and simple. Editing and customization had become easier with its user friendly interface. It has number of useful features like expence tracking, time tracking, sending multiple invoices and 24 hours Internet access that makes your work easier and surely takes your business to another level.

Following are some exclusive features :-
    Invoice scheduling and report generation.
    Time and expense tracking.
    Customization of fields and templates of invoices.
    Data back up.