Chase Bank / online billing
I have a Chase credit card. They sent me mail touting the benefits of a paperless account. I went to their web site to register. I read the terms and conditions and declined because they required arbitration for any dispute. I soon began to get spam mail from their partners so I sent a email to the person who sent me a welcome-to-their-website email. I stated unequivocally that I had declined the terms and did not want access to their site. I also demanded that they contact every one of their partners and ensure that my name was removed from their mailing list. The mail eventually trickled off but when I charged an item on my Chase card, the bill went to the web site instead of being mailed. It was the first charge I had made in two years. Naturally, I didn't pay it, having never seen it. By chance, a clerk offered me 20% off a purchase for signing up for a credit card. I accepted but the application was rejected. zA check of my credit report revealed that Chase had been charging me late fees for six months on top of the original charge. I called Chase and had a heated discussion with a woman who said they were only authorized to 'forgive' three months of late fees. I asked her to get me someone who could rescind ALL the late fees and she asked who I think that might be. Smart ###, she was. I simply replied that she should find me someone in her organization who is in a position to hire and fire. That's the person I want to talk to. She switched me to another state and the person I spoke agreed to rescind the charges and I agreed to pay for the original charge. I payed over the phone and then filed a dispute with the credit bureau. I am contemplating legal action for the unauthorized switching of my account. Once I get a legal opinion from an attorney, I will decide what approach to take. I am looking for Chase to answer my dispute with a negative reply. That should give me some ammo to tear them a new one.
More Chase Bank Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Customer Service
- Chase Bank - Checking account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Return of certified copy of a business check into my personal checking account for redeposit into my business account
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - fraud
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase bank worst customer service.