Chase Bank Credit Account / don't bank with chase!
I opened a Chase Credit account. I responded to an offer on tv made my Time/Life for a worship CD. I made it clear to the person on the phone that I DID NOT want to sign up for an ongoing, monthly CD club and if this is what that was please disregard the entire call. I was assured I could order just the one CD without ever hearing from them again. HA!! This started my bad experience with Chase. The following month a charge for $24.98 showed up on my credit card from Time Life. I immediately knew what happened and called Chase Customer Service and explained. I was told they would mark that charge 'in dispute' and to call Time Life and have them credit it back, which I did. I then paid off the remaining balance and closed the credit card in July 05.
In Sept. 05, I received a check from Chase for $24.98 which I chased. Then it shows up on my credit report that I have an outstanding balance with Chase for $24.98. When I called and asked to speak to the top CSR I was told that they had double credited me and sent me a check. She did apologize for allowing it to show up on my credit report as an outstanding debt and I asked her to send me a letter stating that and apologizing to which she agreed. I have never received the letter and they are still hounding me to pay them the $24.98. I will be more than happy to reimburse them and I told them so, as soon as I receive a letter of apology and they take it off my credit report. Every other CSR I have spoken with about this issue has acted like it's just too bad but I owe it and they don't owe me any apology and they aren't going to show my account at a zero balance until I pay it. I'm thinking when Hell freezes over. DON'T BANK WITH CHASE!
More Chase Bank Credit Account Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - private client service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - banking
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - checking account promotion
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - debit card
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - mortgage