Chase Bank / closure of account

Jun 12, 2015
Chase Bank
After four years Chase Bank suddenly closed my account freezing my money and not telling me why. Went into the branch talked with the Branch Manager and someone at Chase main office I they refuse to tell me why. The representative on the phone kept repeating the same line: Sorry however the law doesn’t require us to tell you so we won’t” The branch office tells me this is the standard line and is all they ever know and these closures are happening at an increased rate.
Just because there is not a law requiring them to state why they closed the account doesn’t alleviate Chase of their moral responsibilities to the customer. I was a customer who had been a good client with a good account for over four years. Chase themselves told me this as they waived four NSF fees for me (three weeks ago told me that they could do this since 1) I had not had a NSF in over a year and 2) I was such a good customer. Why would they have done this if I was such a bad customer?
If I go to a restaurant and they refuse service the restaurant would tell me why - i.e.; dress attire, etc. Why should not a business that is more important to the customer than a restaurant, not offer same curtesy to their customers?
Being disabled in a wheel chair is hard enough without being discriminated against because my only income is from SSA which is the reason I believe they closed my account. Further based on my history in the banking industry also I believed that my account did not meet the revenue requirements threshold and that was also a factor in closing my account. If I had $100, 000 in my account do you think they would have closed my account?

Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank Logo Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank