Having problems with WesBank?

WesBank reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Aug 30, 2010. The latest review Refund was posted on Nov 24, 2021. The latest complaint 2008 BMW GS 1200 MOTORCYCLE was resolved on Sep 10, 2021. WesBank has an average consumer rating of 1 stars from 137 reviews. WesBank has resolved 8 complaints.

WesBank Customer Service Contacts

+27 861 937 265 (Head Office)
+27 116 496 000 (Head Office)
+27 116 326 000 (Head Office)
+27 861 288 272 (Customer Service)
+27 861 922 677 (Business Finance)
+27 861 233 233 (Fleet Card Queries)
+27 861 474 355 (Shell Fuel Card)
+27 861 102 090 (Managed Maintenance)
Enterprise Road
Thu8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Sat8:00 AM - 12:00 PM
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with WesBank Customer Service. Initial WesBank complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for WesBank above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about WesBank. Discuss the issues you have had with WesBank and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

WesBank Complaints & Reviews

WesbankRefund

I bought a car, Mazda cx5 through wesbank. I overpay now i;ve been communicating with them since March, no response. This is my account number for wesbank [protected]. I send all necessary documents they requested, but they don't give me feedback. I went to FNB branch to ask for assistance but no help. This is my last hope, please am available in this number :[protected] / [protected]
My name is Patience Mahanjana

WesbankUnethical behaviour

I voluntary surrendered my vehicle financed by Wesbank back to them as I am not working.
    On 11 October 2021 I received an SMS message from Annelie Coetseeon informing me that my car had been sold, I contacted her to get more information about the shortfall or process, instead her colleague responded to say I must wait for an email that will state everything.
    I received email stating the capital amount of the car and vehicle details but nothing about amount sold for and shortfall.
    on 8 November 2021 I received SMS message from Hammond and Pole Attorneys that my account has been handed over to them for collection, without getting how much do I owe after the car has been sold and not given an opportunity to make arrangements for payment.

After that I consistently receiving these messages, I decided to enquire from Wesbank what is happening, I was given a name of Pamella to contact that I sent an email to her. I also contacted these Attorneys to clarify the situation but instead I was sent an email threatening me that my name will be blacklisted. that gets me worried.

WesbankPayment arrangement refusal

I have received the worst customer service or treatment at wesbank. I have applied for a payment holiday because i have been temporarily laid off at work and provided proof from the employer that i would be at work in 3 months but Westbank refused my request and are now threatening to take my account to lawyers if i dont pay my installment for 3 months, how unreasonable is this, what was the point of selling their own credit cover if they knew that it won't cover in terms temporary layoff if they knew that they don't have a payment holiday program, and in that point why would a bank not have a payment holiday if they truly cared about their customers, is it my fault that i have been laid-off at work that my name has to tarnished because of it🤷🏾‍♀️

Respond

WesbankWe have been awaiting a car settlement letter for 5 months till today.

Good day,

I NEED URGENT HELP WITH FINDING A RESOLUTION FROM WESTBANK REGARDING SETTLEMENT PAPERS FOR MY CAR: A PEUGEOT 206.

I bought car via westbank and finished paying it off around 2011 and never received the papers for the car, then in 2021 I wanted to sell the car and called to enquire about the papers for the car and was told that I needed to pay R 350.00 for the courier of the papers that was in july 2021 till now November after countless calls still nothing.

REGARDS
        DORCAS NDLOVU

WesbankDSV failure to deliver Natis documents 3 times

In the matter of Westbank and DSV
          Westbank Reference: [protected]
          DSV Reference; [protected]-DIS-KGAU-QRY-13743 QINV: [protected]

Kindly please se comments and emails herein.
          This Natis documents has been Lost twice now by DSV.
          We have already paid a fee for Duplicate Natis documents and we strongly feel that this matter
          be attended to between Westbank and DSV as a matter of Urgency.
          Aswell as the natis documents be delivered to us as a matter of Urgency.

Regards Dustan Barnard
          Barco Auctioneers
          [protected] (office)

Oct 16, 2021

Wesbank — Vehicle

To Westbank Complaints Board Friday 15 October 2021 Re: Westbank Account motivation declined on false...

WesbankSDS motors- The car was a right off and was financed through Wesbank

On the 04/06/21, I purchased a 2016 Hyundai i20 from SDS motors, when I viewed the car the sales person Lerlin told us that the car was in a accident but was only hit from behind, it was not a major accident. We agreed to take the car and financed it through Westbank. After a month of having the car, I took it to a panel shop where the found that this car was in a major accident and is rebuilt in a terrible condition. On the 7/07/21, I reported these findings to Wesbank I was then told to get proof to state these findings. I took the vehicle to AA-DEKRA to have a technical report done and in the report you can see that the vehicle was rebuilt. The Case got handed over to Aatish Maharaj, who has done absolutely nothing to help. When I sent him the report from AA-DEKRA, he then stated that he doesn't see anything wrong, he does not know what to look for. These are the people Westbank has working to help solve our problems! We then called him and complained and on the call and he said that he is close friends with the person that owns the dealership and "he don't think they would do something like that". Isn't this a conflict of interest?
            It has been 3months of ongoing issues, I now have a problem with the gearbox and 2 of my doors have problems opening, the service light came on about 3 weeks after having the car. I have brought all of the to the attention of Aatish Maharaj and he has not helped one bit. I can't even use the vehicle anymore because of these problems, I am paying for something that is just sitting now. I am extremely frustrated and dissatisfied by this. And according to my knowledge rebuilt cars cannot be financed and sold through dealerships.

I would appreciate your speedy response to this matter. [protected]@gmail.com

WesbankContract extencion

I received an email from karen Cassim from Wesbank telling me that my balloon payment is due on the 20th of November 2021 so it said if im not paying it off in cash I can do an extension on my contract for the balloon payment I chose that option and they told me and error has occurred they will get back to me before end of business day and they don't get back to me I call everyday and still don't get answers and how is it my problem that an error has occurred they don't even explain to me why. Today she called me told me telling me I should refinance and I asked what happened to the extension option I still don't get any answers or explanation now im forced to choose what doesn't make me happy I've been a loyal customer for five years I haven't missed a single payment or late payment and this is the treatment I get

Wesbank2008 BMW GS 1200 MOTORCYCLE

In April 2021, I purchased a 2008 BMW GS 1200 motorcycle through WesBank from Gijima Motors in Vereeniging with a deposit of R30 000.
                Since then, the motorcycle is more in the workshop which the dealer recommended who the are dealing with.

On numerous occasions, we contacted the salesman from Gijima, Romano Muller with faults on the engine, where he told us to take it to the mechanic at The Diesel Shop in Vereeniging
                My husband took the motorcycle back there 2 weeks ago with an vibration in the engine, just to hear today that the mechanic in struggling to fix it.
                Previously I phoned WesBank with the problems, and I even wrote emails to WesBank previously with complaints.
                Needless to say, I want to cancel my contract and deal of the motorcycle because I can not pay an installment and insurance every month for something I do not have.
                I would really appreciate it if you can help me.
                Renitha van Niekerk

2008 BMW GS 1200 MOTORCYCLE

RESOLVED

• WesBank's response · Sep 15, 2021

Dear Renitha van Niekerk

We have received and reviewed your ComplaintsBoard post. Our Customer Resolutions Team has logged a formal complaint which has been routed to the relevant department for investigation and resolution.

We will be in touch with you to resolve this matter.

Regards,
                    WesBank Service Resolution

Sep 02, 2021

Wesbank — Broken vehicle

Hi To whom it may concern, Today I am writing this email as a very disappointed client. Who is very deeply...

WesbankDefective Ford Ranger

During December 2020 I, Cathleen Beukes [protected] purchased a Ford Ranger D/cab 2014 model, through a garage called SHAREACAR in Klerksdorp. The bakkie was delivered on the fifth of December 2020. The ODO reading was 152000 km.
                  I travelled twice to the Western Cape and add plus minus 5000 km on the clock. On the 11th of January 2021 I reported to the salesman that there is a serious knocking sound in the engine. The engine was spilling diesel and leaking oil and the engine was overheating. The oil and water got mixed because of the defective oil coolers. The salesman told me they are going to fix the problem and instructed me to go to Ford Human Auto garage in Kimberley. Ford actually preferred a new engine for the bakkie but the salesman offered to fix the bakkie themselves.
                  The salesman, Werner came and took the bakkie during late February 2021. As from February the salesman made a lot of promises saying that the bakkie will be fixed in a month but we are still waiting for the bakkie till this point in time. The last promise was made on Friday for a delivery but the bakkie is still not fixed and we are not actually interested in this bakkie anymore. The bakkie is still in possession of SHAREACAR since February.

WesbankService

Re Account no [protected] ino P J D Viljoen.
                    On the 31/05/2021 we settle the account and the consultant who assist me told me to pay R350.00 into wesbank account and sent a email of payment to wesbank that payment was made so that they can register the vhicle on Mr PJD Viljoens name and send us the documents. When we made the payment of R350.00 via FNB internet I put [protected]@wesbank.co.za email adress in so that proof of payment can be send to Wesbank. So they did got the proof. On the 6/08/2021 I called them and they said I must complete a Third party request form and proof of payment. I did it the same day. On the 18/08/2021 they confirm details on form are not correct do I correct it and resend the form. On the 21/08/2021 they said that details on third party form are still not correct which are not true. Every thing was correct. On the 25/08/2021 they confirm that documents was forward to the department ho deal with it but still no answer. I struggle since May with this after how many calls and emails. This is really bad service. I need to know when the registration documents will reach me eventually. Please let me know via email [protected]@gmail.com.

Respond

WesbankNever get through to the offices

Hi

I have been trying to get hold of Wesbank Botswana for almost 3 months now and it is just impossible to get through to them.

Numbers I used are 3706717, 3706000, 3706188

I need vehicle statements from them to proceed with other FNB accounts and their service delivery makes it impossible. The client has to beg the service provider for service?

This is extremely poor service.

WesbankSettlement inquiry

Hi I'm phoning Wes bank multiple times and no one can assist me. For days I'm phoning to just get a settlement on my vehicle and its 3 days later and still no one can assist me. The person working with my accounts is working from home according to her colleagues but I need them to actually work and assist me. I'm Francois Bernardus Burger ID: [protected].

Respond

WesbankPoor service requested original documents of my car

Ref no [protected] since June I am struggling to get original copies of my car which is fully paid. I have sent several emails but to date not a single documents was send to me. The insurance consultant tried also to request from May he was told owner must request them, I did that to date not a single copy was received. I called no response, I went to FNB nelspruit with the hope to be assisted all was in vain

WesbankRefund

Good Day, I up my wesbank account I. Used the wesbank app transfer money from my account to wesbank account.. But now wesbank requires me to give them proof of payment..it was transfer not payment were should I get proof of transfer??? They even send me a statement with credit but still don't want to refund my money.. My statement is showing the money that I need to be paid back why can't you just pay me.. Instead of requesting of proof of payment while I did a transfer.. It's a inter-transfer I can't get proof on my app so what must I do.. Please refund my money

WesbankComplain still unressolved

Complain still unresolved
                              P
                              Pule Marota
                              to cdecock, nduma, loura.brown, +1
                              6 days agoDetails
                              -I Pule Marota, Brought my account up to date on the 30/03/2019. Email was sent to Wes bank on 02/03/2019 notifying them about the status of my account. I paid R17500.00 to recover the arrear amount in 1 month.

-Wes bank kept quiet, they didn't respond.

-Wes bank increased my instalment without notifying me.

-They don't send statements to me anymore.

-i complained to Wes bank about the instalment being increased, but they didn't respond.

-They (Wes bank) continued adding legal fees.

-I continued making payments under the pretext that everything is in order.

-They keep on adding interest on the account even if it is running positive.

-On the 4th of October repossession happened. When they came to uplift the vehicle, I asked how much am I owing they said R1445.00.( I have a statement to prove that.)

-When they uplift the vehicle my account was way over by R31 000.00.

-I didn't receive summons, No sheriff of the court introduced himself or herself to me. I tried engaging with Wes bank but nothing positive came out. All I want is Justice: Is the law allow The creditor to repossess any movable property if the client is over with the payment?

-In 1 month(March), I paid R17500.00 to recover the arrear amount, Meaning Wes bank had enough time to update the account. Instead they continued sitting back, watching the client paying more money every month knowing that the vehicle will be taken away from the customer by using unprocedural means.

-ON THE 13/07/2019- Letter of demand was sent by Wes bank requesting an Arrears amount of R9845.72.

-On the 30/07/2019- Letter of Demand was sent by Wes bank requesting an amount of R6916.67.

ENGAGEMENT TIMELINE

-11 Oct 2019

Email was to Natasha Du Pont-Notifying them of my payments. No response from Wes bank. No response.

-On the 15 Oct 2019

We had a meeting with Natasha and nothing positive came out of the meeting regarding the payments.

22 Oct 2019

-Wrote a letter to Rodney (Wes bank) CEO Office and still no help.

-They kept attached to a Vehicle despite the account being paid.

-They also used unprocedural means to repossess.

-They ignored me despite bringing all the payments to their attention.

-You will notice that the instalment was increased & no one notified me.

-They have also kept on adding legal fees for me to give up on this account and tried to make it difficult for me to proceed paying the account.

-All the above mentioned would be supported in documentation if requested.

-Does the law allow the banks to execute the warrant of delivery from the bank (not from the court) even if the account is up to date and is over +?

-Does the Law allow the banks to repossess the vehicle in the absence of the sheriff?

-Is the bank, The Law unto themselves?

After this it will be taken to the media... All i need is wesbank to acknowledge their mistake & come with an amicable solution.

Dates

R12 500.00

R4109.10

30/03/2019

R5000.00

Acc was suppose to be fixed...

02/05/2019

R4109.10

Pule Marota

Jun 29, 2021

Wesbank: First Rand Limited — Too high quoted settlement amount of R477337.99

Wesbank financed the contract I entered to with the car dealer in September 2013.Copies of the contract are...

WesbankFraudulent loan that Wesbank gave someone over the phone now I'm being harassed.

Good Day kindly please assist I really need urgent help as previously discussed I have not taken the loan the money came to my account and was transferred I do have proof of payments etc when I called you guys than I was told that this was done telephonically so I need to know how do I go about resolving this matter as I'm now getting treatening messages, calls and emails from a company called Lynn and Main Attorneys. My I'd number is [protected] and my name is Kavida Naidoo and my telephone number is [protected]. Your urgent assistance will be highly appreciated.

Respond

WesbankStop car financing with DIA motor dealer

I Caroline Letlhogonolo Dikgwele, identity number [protected], cellphone [protected], email address [protected]@gmail.com hereby request termination of car finance, due to i bought a second hand car on 8 may 2021, next day didn't start took it to them and replaced the battery. Then on the 29 of may realize the car is vibrating and clutch is making sound. When to the dealer on the 1june to inform them about the problem, they said we can take the car for service. Took the car to the service on Friday and we we're told they will call us when it ready. On the 7 June went to check if they're done, but we found the car open and we were told the gear box is a problem and they've order some parts to replace it. I told them i dnt want a car that has gearbox problem, because what's more problem is going to give me after 2 years. So i asked if they could exchange but they refused and they were mean. So i asked if you could help me counsel the finance with DIA motor, so that they can take they're car back.