Chase Bank / closed my account without notice

CA, United States Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Comments

• Go
      Feb 12, 2012
    Chase Bank - Transfer fees for savings
    Chase Bank

I find it hard to understand if the federal banking system can limit you to 6 withdrawals from saving per cycle. Why is it ok for chase to then asset a fee after 4 in one billing cycle. This is especially hard to take when Chase has no problem raising their credit fees and they also had no problem holding their hands out when the federal government was handing out money. Our money just like the fees my money. To the president on down it is now time to make our votes count. Enough is enough the average family gets it stuck to them again. Maybe Chase should limit the number of branches they are building.

• Bl
      Feb 23, 2012
    Chase (Maybe) - Excessive Calls
    Chase (Maybe)
    Texas

My husband has been receiving multiple calls a day from this number on his cell phone and now, they're calling my cell phone. The Chase account was paid up so there was no reason for these calls. Finally, he called the number back and the guy wanted to lower our interest rate. He asked my husband for his credit card info. My husband told him if he was indeed from Chase, he would have all our credit card information and hung up.

Mar 02, 2012
    Chase Bank - Judgment
    Palisades Acquistion XVI LLC
    120 Allenstein Creek Road
    Rochester
    New York

I never received any thing from them about going to court, but in checking my credit report it stated that I have a judgment against me for a debt I don't owe. What can I do about this. I'm living on a fix income and can not afford to pay a lawyer.

• Da
      Apr 04, 2012
    Chase Bank - Complaints & Reviews

I am furious, they double charged me over $200.00! My account is now in the negative, and I was hit with hundreds of dollars in fees for being negative, and making purchases with money I did not have. But I have the money, the I was double charged so that's what put me negative. I am freaking out, this is the only bank account I have and I do not know what to do. I called the banking number and talked to numerous people and they told me " you have to fill out a claim form, to prove to us that you did not make the purchase. Then it will be reviewed and investigated and if we find out we did double charge you, and you did not make the purchase, we will give you a credit in 8-12 weeks". Omg can someone please please help me, they stole my money and they will only give me my money back if I jump through hoops for them? And 8-12 weeks?? This is my money. Omg someone please help, what should I do?

• Ba
      Apr 24, 2012
    Chase - I now think Chase is a total scam
    Chase

In Sept of 2008 my contracting business was very slow and I fell behind 4 payments on my lake home. I contacted my lender, Chase Bank and explained the situation. I requested the modification and the manager at that time put me on a 3 payment “Trial” payment of $1800 a month, $650 more than normal PLUS a $5000 downpayment. I thought this was odd but never having done this before I agreed. After scraping up the down payment and making the 3 payments I was then placed with another manager. This one told me that things had changed and I would be required to make a $2500 down payment and 5 payments of $1200.

By this time I was very leary but this was my lender and I didn’t know I had any alternative. After these payments were completed, I called to check on the process I was again placed with a new manager that informed me that the Obama law was in affect and that Chase did not require any further payments and that my modification should be forecoming.

That was October 09. At that time I was only 4 payments behind. It is now November 2011 and I’m STILL awaiting my modification but now I’m 27 months behind and my home is and has been in Foreclosure status. I have sent so many “Request for modification packets with updated bank statements and documents that I’m worn out. I now think Chase is a total scam but there is no where to turn. I just wait on news that they are foreclosing on my home and they didn’t do a thing after all the required money was paid and no credit was given.

The actual investor is Wells Fargo. What ARE they waiting for?? By this time Chase should just offer me a low interest rate modificaition and let me get back to my normal monthly payments since they have SO many homes to deal with. I NEED HELP!

• Ji
      Apr 26, 2012
    Chase Bank - Insurance refund to escrow
    Florida

Chase paid my homeowners insurance out of escrow in error. The insurance company sent the check back to Chase to apply to my escrow. It is still not applied after over a month. When I email or phone they just say they are looking for the check. Be patient. It is not 1960 it is 2012.

• Ji
      May 21, 2012
    Chase Bank - Bank Fraud
    Texas

Due to the increasing service charges I personally went into my bank branch and closed my account. I was informed by the Bank Officer that the account was closed. 0 balance. No Debit or Credit cards. He left 2 cents in the account. 2 months later I receive a letter from the bank that I owe $18 in service charges. I have to go again to the bank to insure it is closed. Plane incompetence or outright fraud from the bank.

• Cl
      May 25, 2012

My husband and i transferred nine thousand dollars into our chase account about a month ago. When we called them to transfer the money to.another credit.union which they are connected to they said that our account had been closed due to risky behavior. We are both deployed and did.not receive their letter saying that our account would be closed in ten days until fifteen days after they sent it. We are in korea so we obviously cannot.go.into a branch office. We called four times each getting hung up on or told they couldnt help us. We asked when our funds would be returned and they said that the funds were being verified and they would send us a check. We asked when and they couldnt give us an answer. We are in korea. How are we suppossed to deposit a check for.nine thousand dollars? And we transferred the money from usaa to chase. What could they possibly have to verify and when are we going to get our.money?

Jun 09, 2012
    Chase - Interest Rate
    CHASE
    Florida

My journey starts in 2009 when I called chase because of financial difficulties due to a death and illness in the family. I called them to request for them to lower my interest rate which is at 29.99%. They informed me that my account was up for review in six months as long as the payments were made on time they would be able to look at it. Well guess what we are now in the middle of 2012 and they are still reviewing. So I beginning to wonder my account has NEVER been 30 days late. I’ve made every minimum payment currently I am paying two times the minimum payment.
    So I guess Chase has not heard that the American people are hurting. Their clueless I really feel like they are discriminating against the working class they keep piling fees after fees. Reality check 29.99% is robbery. No matter how you look at it. But this angry customer will make it my mission to inform everyone I know the unprofessional and un-American attitude CHASE has decided to take.

• Io
      Jun 21, 2012

I have visited many Chase branches in New York City and New Jersey and receive different information regarding modifications and/or refinancing. The employees are not qualifed to assist and give information on such an important matter to a homeowner. Most should be working at McDonald's. Chase has no customer service and the lack of information or mis-information is incredible for a banking institution. I would never ever have any dealings with Chase, but was of no fault of my own since Washington Mutual my loan originator was taken over by Chase.

• So
      Sep 07, 2012

Same thing happened to me. My account was opened for five weeks. My wifes disability was set up for direct deposit, my payroll was set up for direct deposit. I had not even received my checks yet. The account was never close to being over drawn. I get a letter saying my account was closed because it was determined that due to risky behavior my account may cause chase harm in the future. WTF! I was told anything that had not yet cleared would be denied even though funds were in the account. Any deposits or etf's would be accepted (of course) and that I would receive a final letter of closing and a check for what remains in the account in 3 to 4 weeks. I really cant wait that long. I am screwed. Thanks Chase.

• Al
      Oct 15, 2012

I agree also beware of Chase Auto Finance! never will do business with them again. I am too filing with BBB. People are only human beings and we have lifes to live. things happen in life. get over it Chase. Get new customer service skills in your company!

• Pj
      Nov 08, 2012
    Chase - Refinance Loan
    Chase
    Montana

Chase offered us a refinance at a lower rate on our home mortgage we had been paying on for many years. We submitted the paperwork and they set up a closing date. No one showed. Their excuse was they needed verification of the address--we provided that, but after weeks of unreturned calls and emails we were finally told the loan expired and we needed to apply again. Month and half later we applied again and went through the process again, only to be told at time to close that we applied too soon after the first application. We have left numerous phone messages and no one will return our call. We feel that Chase never had any intention of refinancing our loan at a lower interest rate--why would they, we have never been late and have already paid more than half the original loan.

• Co
      Jan 07, 2013
    Chase Mortgaga - LOST MORTGAGE PAYMENT
    CHASE MORTGAGE
    Arlington
    Texas

I pay my mortgage every month before the 10th. Chase lost my October payment. SInce then I have been threaten with default and even foreclosure. I have presented proof from my on multiple occations that I made the payment. Last week my credit score alert service informed me that Chase has turned me in for non payment on two mortgage payments. I have spent countless hours, gas, phone minutes and stress trying to fix an error made by them. I HAVE ABSOLUTELY DONE NOTHING WRONG YET I CONTINUE TO PAY

• Je
      Feb 04, 2013
    Chase Bank - close an account
    chase bank
    1068 morris park
    Bronx
    New York
    Phone: 1-800-935-9935

to whom may concern i had open two saving account on september12, 2012 for my two kids i close my account on sometime in october .becuse i found out my kids father was haveing a fear with one of the tellers @1068 morris park her name is christina rodugez. she have been going into my account to fined my personal information were i live my kids personal information . she have been stalking my facebook and also had one of her friends request me facebook to inform me that see is still seeing my kids father and how many times she had sleltp with him. this christina roduguez mayed my life complicated she also told this guy to give me her personal # which is 1347-920-6567 to call her. I am so overhelmed and so detroyed she mayed my life so stressful over these months. i know longer bank with chase bank behined this matter. i have made a police report out on this christina rodugeiz she still currently still works at this location . i live in the neighorhood were she works at i feel on safe for my kids and my self know that she currently still works there and she haveing people facebook me and also having my personal information i am so detroyed behined this matter . i am going throw personal matterts behined with the kids father and legal issues with him my son is only 1 years old and this is a total nightmare for me and my kids to deal with in our life. I relly want this person terminated from this laction1068 morris park. i cant no longer deal with situation know this chrictina roduguiez still works there not only that have my personal information and have people stalk me and giving me informaton about her. can some one plz take some actions to this matter i am terrified whats going to happen next. my family is detroyed to this matter.can u plz help me . my name is jessica my # is 1718-812-8460 u can call me in reguards to this matter . god bless and i hope and pray for some action to take place A.S.A.P . thank u so much . god bless.

• Ad
      Feb 25, 2013

This happened to our business account; we have reasonable transactions - about $250k per month or more; no overdrafts, no loans except lots of incoming wires from overseas and ACH payments to suppliers and contractors in US. No explanation account frozen; will hold funds for 15 days or more before payment by check; cannot cash check as it is written to business account and the only business accounts were with Chase - no other bank will open an account because Chase is reporting the account closed by Bank !!! This is horrible - we are small business suddenly left without any banking means!

Apr 12, 2013

Two days ago, I left work and my card did not in the machine so I can pay for parking. I thought that the machine was faulty (because it has been in the past). I just bought lunch an hour prior and I did not receive an alert from chase that something was going on with my card. I called the number on the back of the card and the rep told me there was nothing that she can do, I had to go to a branch. I made my way to my branch location and was not too worried about anything. I felt that they would be able to help me out. I arrived at the bank and told the banker that my card didn't work for some reason but I just checked my account and didn't see any unusual activity and I used it earlier to buy lunch. Had had well over enough money in my account.
    After the women got off the phone she stated that she needed to speak with a co-worker just to check something. I thought that she had fixed the issue and I'd be on my way. She came back and told me she was sorry but Chase is terminating their relationship with me and my accounts are closed and I can no longer bank with them. We sat there for a minute and didn't say anything. I was floored! The banker said that they do not have a reason why and it's the weirdest thing but I can't bank with them anymore. She couldn't give me any answers except I was a high risk! I told her I will be back in the morning to speak with the branch manager.
    I came home and called Chase. I was transferred several times. The account specialist told me that I make high risk purchases (which I did not realize that Sally Beauty Supply, gas, Nordstroms, food and face cream from a convention was a high risk purchase!) I asked the specialist what high risk purchases are you talking about? She said that she does not have those details then connected me to an account analysis. The analysis repeated everything that the specialist told me. I told her I need to speak to your manager because this is making no sense. The manager was a real treat. She automatically began yelling into the phone before I could open my mouth that my account is closed, it will not be reopened, and I can not bank with Chase again. I was totally caught off guard. I told her that I need for her to explain to me what risky purchases I have made that alerted them to close my account. She then proceeds to yell again into the phone "You do not need to know that, those are things handled on the back end that you do not need to know but as I said before your relationship with us has been terminated. You can go to the branch to close your account but you are not getting your money right away. You can go tomorrow (since they are closed already) and ask for the branch manager and he can call me so I can tell him how much you can withdrawal until we mail you a check with the remaining balance." So let me get this right, YOU are closing my account and your going to determine how much of my money you will give to me! You have got to be kidding!
    A year an a half ago, I had my wallet stolen and someone attempted to use my debit card. I called Chase fraud department within 24 hours at the time and changed debit cards and moved it to another account. Everything has been fine after that. Fast forward to March 2013, I bought an item at a convention which I do every year but this time, I receive a fraud alert. I call chase and confirm that I made that purchase and that was it. That was March 2nd. They "supposedly" sent me a letter March 15th to terminate the account. I never received that letter. I have never had a problem using their ATMs around the country and they couldn't brag enough about their fraud services and that is what they are there for! What a joke!
    I have banked with Chase for 15+ years. I have all of my accounts, credit cards and recently did a pre-approval to buy a home with them. I never had a problem (besides my wallet issue) before this. EVER! I have been a loyal customer and this is what I receive from you?!? When I could not be given a clear explanation and after hearing how your company allows managers (who are the voice of your company) speak to their customers, I am ashamed that I was upset about my account being closed. Being a manager myself, I would have terminated that person on the spot! I rather take my business elsewhere. I will report this to BBB. Your company is ###!

• La
      Apr 18, 2013
    Chase Bank - Denied my Fraud Claim
    Orlando
    Phone: 3217593174

I got my purse stolen out of my car at a gas station. I had my debit card on me but my wallet was taken with my ATM card, license and credit card. Immediately called the bank before i even filed a police report. I canceled the credit card and asked the customer service rep if i should close my account since the debit card needs a pin. He said it was not necessary. I then filed a police report. Unfortunately i did not realize i had my check book in my wallet. I never use checks and forgot i had put it in my wallet a couple days before to give my roommate a rent check. A few days later i looked at my account and saw that there were about 10 checks written in my name and my account was almost negative $700. I Called chase right away to report the fraudulent claims. I filed a claim and was told it would just take a couple days to get approved. I had a police report and never dreamed that it would get denied. I didn't cancel my direct deposit until i found out the claim was denied and by then it was two late. It went into that account and the bank said there is nothing they can do. The claim was denied because they said i left my door unlocked so it was my negligence. I have lost not only the money that the person who wrote checks in my name took, but also my last two paychecks to pay for the overdrawn account. This is the worst customer service i have ever experienced. I was never given any options and one of the reps even told me that two debit cards had been opened in my name which was never explained further.

• Ra
      Apr 24, 2013

the same thing happend to me as well wife called and told them i had merchants issues and they gave me the creidts back and then closed are account after putting settlement check the last i knew i truested them with are money and then they bonk me for risky bussiness because merchants were not caring out there end of the barging agrements with refunhds and another thing is if u do they considered fraud not item disputes this against the law to close someone accounts with out notice our reason why we were able to get settlement money and spend our other funds only some stuff we never recived i filled 9 disputes then they closed it due to multipule disputes our w/e risky bussiness and my may ssi check suppose to go in there i think i will have the police with me for enssurnce that day...

• Re
      May 04, 2013

Update! on Chase complaint about them changing the interest rates from 2.99 to 7.99. There was a class action law suit filed against because you can't change what was put in wriiting to customers saying we can no longer keep that rate because we're losing money during the recession.
    Well, I wasn't expecting much, because I paid off the account. I got a check for $75.00 from the attorneys that handled this lawsuit against Chase, but I will still never deal with them again.

May 23, 2013
    Chase Bank/washington Mutual Bankl - vehicle title
    Chase Bank/Washington Mutual Bank
    Utah

I refinance my vehicle with Washington mutual bank. They took over the title to my vehicle. I then had to file bankruptcy in 2003. Since then Chase bank had taken over Washington Mutual Bank. I called Chase bank in regards to getting my title, since my bankruptcy was discharged in 2012. Chase bank keeps giving me the run around stating they can not find me in there systems and so they were unable to find my title. They did take my information and sent it to there title recovery department. I called chase bank after a month and I got the same answer that I was not in there systems. So I have a vehicle that is paid, but I don't have a title.

May 24, 2013

Handsome B Wonderful - is a loser, a troll who regularly makes inflammatory posts to provoke people.

• Tr
      Jun 06, 2013
    Chase Quality Control - I realized this is scam.
    Chase Quality Control

I just received the letter from Chase Quality Control. I will not send any money order since I realized this is scam. Thank you for the other complains that help me to realize this was scam.

• Ri
      Jun 20, 2013
    Chase Hamilton Assoc - Please remember this scheme.
    hase Hamilton Assoc
    Phone: (978) 281-1759
    hamilton-chase.com

Unsolicited call from Chase Hamilton Assoc claiming I'd won $500, 000 from a sweepstakes (that I'd never entered). I played along to see what the scam was. Cashier’s check would be delivered in 2 days, but taxes should be paid in advance. Please remember this scheme.

• Mi
      Aug 25, 2013

I too am having a similar experience with Chase. On Sunday August 17th I went to Petco to buy dog food and my card was declined. I checked my account and there was over $900 in available funds in my checking account. I called the 800 number and according to customer service the Claims Dept had restricted my account. Well of course nobody in the Claims Dept could answer my questions so they transferred me to the Fraud Dept. Mind you, I was on this call for over an hour and given the obvious run around. Finally, somebody in fraud prevention came on the line and asked me about a "suspicious" $7.99 charge from Google Play. I asked them why they deemed that particular charge from Google suspicious, because I frequently make purchase through Google Play. Again, they could not answer my question. With that said, I told the rep in fraud prevention that the charge was legit. The rep then released my debit card for usage. Ironically, I lost my card on Monday August 18th, and somebody did use my card fraudulently to the tune of $123.00. When I called customer service, they again informed me that my account was restricted by the Claims Department and getting ready to close. Again, I asked for the reasons why. Again, I did not get an answer. I explained to the rep that I had already talked to the Fraud Dept on Sunday, and at that time I was under the impression we had cleared up the "suspicious" $7.99 charge from Google Play. The Rep in then informed me that this hold was put on by the Claims Dept and had nothing to do with fraud prevention then transferred me over to the Fraud Dept. At that time I was more concerned about canceling my debit card and getting the $123 in charges reversed. The fraud prevention rep handled my claim and informed me that my pending legitimate charges, as well as, my direct deposits would not be effected in any way. On Wednesday, when I went to my local branch to get my new debit card, again I was told that my account was "restricted". The Banker, being as confused as I was, called customer service to see if she could get some answers. The only thing she was told was that my account was being closed, all pending transactions were being reversed, and all direct deposits would be sent back. No real reason was given and she was told to tell me, "Chase was exercising their right to not do business with me anymore". I have been overdrawn once, and one fraudulent claim in the four years I have had an account there. I have no loans or credit cards with Chase either. I just got a letter today stating that my account was being closed on 8.20.13. However, as stated above my account was restricted up for review/closure on Sunday August 17th, 2013. Since the letter was date August 20, 2013 this is just another way to use my hard earned cash for interest baring purposes and/or other federal investment endeavors. I believe that somewhere along the line Chase has made a mistake that they don't want me to find out about. This is the only logical explanation. Btw: If anyone in this situation is acting "suspect" or portraying "risky behavior" it's Chase Bank and it's affiliates...NOT me, and I will be more than happy to take my money someplace else. Does anyone have any suggestions?

• Ta
      Sep 11, 2013

I have a international business that accepts fairly large 1500-25k payments by any means other than the risky credit cards. I frown on checks, although we do accept them, which can be easily forged or worse. so cash is encouraged along with cashiers checks. Chase closed my account after 10 years of doing business with them. My attorney is filing a restraining order against them to stop them and stop them from reporting me to any agency that could effect my chance to open another account. It took a long time to build my business and establish a relationship with the bank that allowed mutual trust. I wiill suffer great damages and loss and feel they are obligated to explain and spend more time researching so called suspicious transactions. I feel there is some low paid fraud detector looking at some bank accounts with large incoming deposits and cannot for the life of them figure out what someone could be doing to make such a large amount of income due to the fact that they cannot do it. Then they report you and it is done. I think I will put a stop to this or give a good go at it. I just so happened to be able to afford it. Anybody want to jump onboard? I wonder how all those bars and liquor stores with all those cash deposits from all over the country stay in business.

• Ks
      Sep 18, 2013

Chase illegally foreclosed on my home in 2006. A judge immediately overturned it, and ordered Chase to pay my legal fees and restore my loans. They did neither. This is an FHA loan and when I call FHA for help with it, they tell me it doesn't exist. They are reporting it on my credit report as closed, even though I have provided the court documents and current mortgage statement. I have been disputing it for 7 years and they still won't correct it. I have also filed a complaint with the state attorney generals office, and they told me they can't help individuals. I also contacted my congressman, John Cornyn, and he has ignored me because Chase and other mortgage lenders contribute so much to their campaigns. Everyone looks the other way while the ###s at Chase break the law.

• Ro
      Oct 08, 2013

Deposit $20, 000 a month or so in this account with no issues, lost my debit card and requested a new one. Received a new card and attempted to activate it over the phone. I could not because "Chase has decided per the agreement to end our business relationship. Remaining funds, if any after 21 days, will be mailed to the address on file". 3rd time in 3 years. Why on earth do I keep opening up accounts with them? Because I have a ton of customers in Chase markets and it makes it highly convenient for me and the customers if they can just drive 2 miles to their nearest Chase branch and pay us for product.

WTF???

• Ro
      Oct 08, 2013

Bank or America is the best. Just saying, 5 years, multiple accounts, virtually no issues. Except for their horrendous merchant services setup. Different thread!!

• Ri
      Nov 13, 2013

I have lived in Asia for over three years and had Chase as my one of my backup accounts I stopped using it when I realized they were charging em 2% per ATM transaction clearing almost 60$ per transaction due to the massive volume of nickle and dime % charges. I found out today via a third party they closed my account due to unusual activity IE I stopped giving them ATM transactions and only used it for US based transactions. The customer service department was completely useless and could not provide any details other than we will send you a check it should be all cleared up in 21 days. So its legal to lock someone out of their finances due to an arbitrary set of rules listed on page 15? Seriously PAGE 15. If you are going to play that game they should make the banks read the entire contract to potential bank customers so they understand at any time Chase can corn hole you without any kind of warning or reason. I requested the documentation from this decision and they said it is private Chase information. I thought Bof A was the worst but these clowns take the cake and our tax dollars. Lets see punitive and criminal punishment mettered out to these institutions who so callously cheat and steal from the public while at the same time crying for a bail out. Time to put some of these people in prison treat financial crime as a violent crime same harsh punishment they kill many people slowly by wiping out their savings and blood sucking away every dime they can.

• Je
      Nov 28, 2013
    Chase Mortgage - Inflated Loan Balance
    CHASE Mortgage

CHASE solicited me August 2013 for NO COST Refinance. Everything was rush, rush, rush and I was uncomfortable (and smelled a rat) but if it worked out it would have been a good deal. Ultimately, in complete contradiction to my requests and instructions, they planned to replenish my escrow by adding it the loan balance, which was NOT owned up to by them ahead of time, but I had smelled something fishy all along, and on the evening the notary came to our house to process the papers the FIRST THING I did was compare the loan amount to the balance on the CHASE website. Yup! They were “doing” me. We did not sign.

They offered to “try to make it right” and suggested they’d re-draw the papers, and maybe even lower the rate a tad, and so I agreed to wait. Three weeks later I received in the mail, without announcement, a “Statement of Credit Denial, Termination or Change” which infuriated me. (My Credit # has been over 800 for a long time.) They explained that what happened was the Freddie Mac window had closed, and it would take a couple of months to re-apply. In other words, I could take a walk, thank you!

My heavens, what a negative experience.

• Fa
      Dec 14, 2013

The same thing happened to me with Wellsfargsucks. They closed my account because they said they wanted to end the business relationship with me. What the hell does that mean . Called them and went to the branch same thing no further explanation I was seething but what can you do. Went to another bank and opened an account waiting for my check while being charged $20.00 by credit card for returned check. How can they screw us like this, is beyond frustrating.

• Tr
      Feb 01, 2014

Hi Folks, I found this thread via a Google search because I am so very concerned about my recent experience with Chase who cancelled my checking account with them. They sent me the letter that everyone else on the Internet has received advising me that they were closing my account. I called them and after being on hold for 45 minutes I was told by three different individuals that they were not going to tell me why. I repeatedly told them that I was very concerned and that if there was some kind of problem I need to know about. Furthermore, I just read from many different sources that a teller can simply click a button alerting Chase that they think something is wrong. What if it is a teller who does not like you? I also just learned that they can notify any other banks you do business with. When I signed up with Chase I thought it was odd that they asked me if there were any other banks that I did business with. Now I know why. They don't ask the question the way that they should which is "Are there any other banks that you do business with because we are going to notify them if we feel there is suspicious activity on your account when we close you down for reasons that we will never tell you." When I called the bank today they said I signed an agreement that notified me that they could close my account down for any reason at all. I was not aware that I was signing such a document. I feel that they should say to "We can close your account anytime we want and we will never tell you the reason, for anything that we think is suspicious activity, or if a TELLER feels there is suspicious activity, however, we will report this closure to other banks and to the CREDIT REPORTING AGENCIES and there is not one thing you can do to stop us and you have no rights." It's almost the equivalent of leasing a car and the car company saying that they can come and take your car away at any time if they don't like how you are driving it during the lease.
    Lastly, the thing that bothers me the most is that after speaking to three people at Chase (I kept asking for a supervisor and someone 'higher up' and they kept telling me that everyone would keep telling me that I can't know the reason why. In other words, Chase is going to raise havoc in my life by notifying my bank and credit report administrators that there is 'suspicious activity' and yet I will never know why. NOW HERE IS THE real icing on the cake. Someone wrote to ABC news about their son who experienced his account being closed down and they HELPED him. The full storyi s here: http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/dear-abc-news-fixer-chase-bank-banned-son/story?id=18512002 I say we should all DEFINITELY speak to an attorney about the mental anguish, worry, concern and deciept brought on by Chase Bank.

• Ca
      Feb 21, 2014

I just got a mail today from Chase stating that a decision has been made to close my checking account. At first I thought it was a scam, but then I called the bank and it turned out to be true. My wife and I were outraged! They could not give us a clear explanation as to why they are doing this. We have been such good costumers for the past decade and now this?! Now I found here that we're not the only ones. They're giving us such a short notice, and we keep asking ourselves why is this happening. Something must definitely be done!

• Ju
      Feb 22, 2014

Chase stole $80 from my accounts with no notice. They started a new program where there were monthly fees (free checking for many years). They said i should have gotten something in the mail, which i replied "do you mean one of the thousands of pieces of junkmail, so you slip important documents in with them knowing people wont read?...". I went into the local branch 3 times and had a dozen attempts at resolution with online customer service and corporate hq. put in a bbb complaint but since Chase pays the BBB off, they quickly dismissed it - this is no joke, BBB are puppets when dealing with larger companies, it should be illegal. On one account they "activated" it when i told them not to, they said it was the only way they could get to my money inside...not kidding. Straight up theft, looking for a class action to join.

• Ir
      Mar 02, 2014

Hi my name is Irina and 3 weeks ago I had the exact same thing happen to me. I received a letter about my account being terminated without any reason. The only reason they provided was because of chase bank disclosure and after their review decided to terminate the account. This came to me as a very upsetting situation since I have been a member since the early days of wamu and now all of a sudden chase just closes my account because they feel like it? I have all my direct deposits that come on to this account and now I have to remove all my money before the 12th of this month. The bank branches were not helpful either since they all rudely said the same thing that they can not provide me with any information as the reason for the account being terminated. I also got the same response when calling the bank. So over all this was a very bad experience for me and I feel that a class action lawsuit needs to be filed against these degenerates for causing me so much trouble and stress not to mention trying to figure this out on my own time and missing work.
    If anyone has any information on how to approach this situation please email me at [protected]@aim.com .

Thank you!

• Mt
      Mar 25, 2014

I will leave out details...basically the same as rest of you, generally. Here is how dealt with it. They told me, in the bank, they could not then give me the money out of the accounts, I would have to wait 10 days for a cashiers check. This immidiately, makes the situation a tort of Conversion. I then asked the chase agent (they try to blame others, but they are an agent of Chase) if i could record the conversation. In 12 states you have to have consent for this. He said Ok at first, but then realized not good and said no. We walked through the elements of conversion: You have my money? yes. You are choosing to "end the relationship with me" and already have as of this date? yes. You are not going to give me any access to withdrawal, transfer, or use this money for that a period Chase decides knowing that I want to cash out all the accounts right now? yes (these yes were surrounded by a bunch of "sorries" and blaming other departments, but essentially they ended in "yes"). Okay, well then I am going to call an officer of the law to take your statement on the exact questions and the damages for conversion are going to accrue from this point forward for denying me access to my property. At this point, he asked if he could speak with his manager. Came back and cashed out all 11 of my 2 partners' and my business and personal accounts they had "ended relationship with". I would recommend, not letting them feel like they can bully you. I only know a little about the law, but I fill I was speaking to this guy honestly about what it was.

• Th
      Apr 09, 2014

My wife and I had Chase accounts. Mine was over a year old. We also had a joint account. When trying to use our debit cards, they wouldn't work all of a sudden. When contacting Chase for new debit cards they informed us that our accounts were locked and that they would be closed based on Chase "Needing to take action to protect their customers". WOW! What the... Long story short, I was given the run around. Every time the call was escalated, I got the same scripted answer. Who's decision was it? "No one sir, it's Chase Bank's decision". Why? "Because we need to protect our customers". What do you mean? "I can't give you any further information sir"
    I think something really fishy is going on at Chase. This put our finances into a whirl and for no good reason. We are regular folks with regular jobs and pay regular bills and fees. This was the most disrespectful experience I have had with a corporate company. On the surface, they seem open to all and smile. But under the hood they've proven to me to me to me to be fascist ###. There are some underlying prejudices within the workings of Chase. I am hiring an attorney to subpoena the revision of our accounts and get to the bottom of this. I am in on a class action lawsuit against Chase!
    Is it legal? Yes, they have their customers sign an agreement that either party can end the relationship without reason.
    Is it moral? Of course not. They are messing with true human beings' lives and life blood.
    One word to describe Chase: Bigots

• Lo
      Apr 29, 2014

I absolutely am in, the same things happened to me as well!
    [protected]@charter.net

• Po
      May 04, 2014

Well, I finally got to the bottom of this, at least for now...it is none other than your dear government which in their wisdom as decided that some businesses, however legit and legal...should be forced to close. I will let you decide why they have targeted certain business in particular. I have my hunches. Dandy right? I dont know where we will go next and if this will follow us but it is not Chases fault or doing..they are just trying to avoid government fines. Read about it...its called Operation choke point...you may feel as sick and fed up as me!