Chase Bank / closed my account without notice

CA, United States Review updated:

Click on the link to see the full complaint

Comments

• Er
      May 25, 2010

This happened to me also. I was a Washington Mutual customer with a $1500 limit and Chase dropped me with no notice. I had no balance. CLASS ACTION ANYONE???

Jun 02, 2010
    Chase Home Mortgage - They won't admit that their online payment system is a mes
    Chase Home Mortgage
    chase.com

My mortgage was refinanced to 4.5 % and sold to Chase several months ago. I quickly found that it takes them an extra 5 business days to post online payments. SO, if your mortgage is due on the 1st, you must pay it earlier. Last month, they added another headache and double posted my payment. When I called CS, I was told that to remove THEIR error, it would have to be done in writing and would take weeks. So, I stopped payment and have since sent the checks by mail. On the phone today, they threatened to report me to the credit agencies for being 2 months behind. I don't think this is unusual behavior (the double posting)because one of the 5 reportable CS titles says "double posted". I would love to get my old mortgage company back- SunTrust who had to fix this by stopping the double posting. I've never been late on a payment in 30 year, but this concern is about to ruin my credit because they won't admit that their online payment system is a mess! So, this is what customer service is coming to?

• Co
      Jun 02, 2010
    Chase Mortgage Bank - All they need is your money
    Chase Mortgage Bank
    chase.com

My loan modification was denied and after speaking with 11 reps who gave me the run around and transferred me all over the place I finally spoke to someone who gave me an answer. Chase denied my request, not because I can't prove hardship because I can, but because I can refinance- According to him if you don't owe a whole lot (less than 100, 000 in my case) and you can refinance - they want you to refinance because it benefits chase for u to refinance. In my case, I have 6 years left on my mortgage so they want me to refinance for 10-30 years so they can make more $ off me.

• Kr
      Jun 09, 2010
    Chase Mortgage Bank - They took money I didn't have because they made a mistake
    Chase Mortgage Bank
    chase.com

I have a deferred tax account as I am disabled all was set up and my reduced payments started middle of last year. I got a mortgage review statement in December and it indicated that they had paid my taxes even though they were not supposed to. I call the tax assessors and got their money refunded. On March 15th when auto pay was taken the amount was $415 higher than it was supposed to be. I have spent weeks on the phone with more people than I can count and still haven't gotten anyone to tell me why they took the money, why they won't give it back and it looks like they are going ot do it agian this month. I have proved them with severl copies of the defferal acceptance notice. I have been given a number of different respones, none of which have been accurate and I am at the end of my rope. They took money I didn't have because they made a mistake, why won't someone resolve this matter. They screwed with my online bill payment to themselves and raised my interest rates and I was not satisfied with how that was handled. There is something wrong with this company if these things happen with no explaination and no resolution. I can't imagine how they can undo the frustration and stress I have experienced from the very begining with this bank.

• Mi
      Jun 09, 2010
    Chase Home Finance - I was told a different story by every person I talked to
    Chase Home Finance
    chase.com

I started my modification in January. I was told to wait 4 to 6 weeks. After that I called every week. My last few calls were towards the end of March...by then I had lost my income. I was told a different story by every person I talked to. I was told in by about the third week of March my loan was on the desk of a mortgage rep. and I would know in a few weeks. I called on March 30th, told them I now longer had my income. The gal proceeded to tell my that nothing had been done with my documents, nobody had been assigned to the account. I called today April 7th and now I do not qualify for the program. So they sat on my paperwork for 3 months and everyone I talked to lied about the status! It is no wonder they have only done about 85k of these "modification"...

• Mm
      Jun 11, 2010
    Chase Bank - credit card

We are very dissatisfied with Chase, We apply for a card from amazon.com and never sent the statement, We called many time to amazon about the statement, but they do not know any about my orders and my statement. Now Chase sent me a letter to pay them exorbitant interest and payments. Now Chase is bothering to telephone all the time for us to pay. I never applied to Chase credit card. I applied to amazon, this situation is horrible, I want to pay, but I do not need to pay the interest that has been generated by the irresponsibility of chase.

Maggie

• Su
      Jun 14, 2010

Just received this one today that actually seems to be coming from Chase. And I'm not a Chase customer either...

• Ti
      Jun 14, 2010
    Chase Bank - This is the most ridiculous online payment system I have ever experienced in my entire life
    chase.com

JPMorgan Chase Bank 's Jamie Dimon forces employees to lobby against financial consumer protection. Imagine that. http://bit.ly/9drLJ4 they are invested in Derivatives, so the bank is in TROUBLE! That's why WE, the customers, have to PAY for HIS Corrupt decisions!

It's time for the American People to see that this man is thrown out of his job. This bank is robbing people, lying about what they do, stealing money from customers, and NOT providing the customer service they SHOULD be, for all THOSE EXTRA FEES they charge!

When a site is constantly down, like it was this morning, at 7 am on Sunday, when I want to pay my bills, I was unable to access either of my 2 credit card information balances, to pay or look at them, or even see what bills I had, they were not usable. I was instructed to call CHASE BANK on the phone. I pay extra for THIS? Then, I continue to get LATE, mean, and RUDE responses to the SAME issue that I continue to point out regarding my mortgage payment being processed on the same damn site, and their stupid employees unable to see or do "any work of any kind". I have to email these idiots 5 days in advance and continue to do so every single day, harassing them to REMIND THEM to process my mortgage payment that was SCHEDULED on their site, and SITTING there, waiting to be processed! IDIOTS!!If I don't do this, they will allow my money to just sit in the bank, and they will continue to ignore my online scheduled payment that I placed, and has been sitting there for WEEKS! I Kid you NOT!! That is how completely incompetent this site and this bank has become!

Now, here on measured up, do you think they respond? of course not! I told them I am ruining their reputation here, they don't even care!

I am now at the point of cursing at them in emails, and getting canned responses, and I have told them I am going to "trash" Jamie Dimon on twitter continuously, just to see if I get a rise out of them..

This is the most ridiculous online payment system I have ever experienced in my entire life! OMG!!LOL!It's a joke!

• Su
      Jun 14, 2010

Change over to a Credit Union, they work much better!

• Fe
      Jun 15, 2010
    Chase Bank - They feel that my business is not important to them
    chase.com

For the first time in 5 years I was one day late with my Chase Continental Master Card payment, I admit that it was my error, but considering they are charging outrageous interest rates and they were kept in existence by a bailout, I feel that they should be willing to waive that one $39 late fee. The representative was quite matter of fact when she said that they do not negotiate fees, I said fine, please close the account and she did so without argument. The funny part to me is the fact that the entire conversation lasted less than a minute. That makes it obvious to me that they feel that my business is not important to them. Maybe I should look to re do my car loan with someone else? I think that we are well past the time to break all of the big banks up and take us back to the time when banks were all local state banks.

• Ha
      Jun 23, 2010

My wife and I have had exactly the same experience with Chase customer service. They have a different answer to the same questions every time. It seems that their employees are given either no or very little training. It is our belief that Chase has the worst customer service of any company we have ever dealt with. We are both in our fifties!

• Ry
      Jun 24, 2010

Would like to find a lawyer to file a class action case against Chase. They are the WORST bank to deal with. Keep getting the run around every time I call about my modification application.

• Re
      Jul 07, 2010
    Chase - more interest on paid acct

I had a credit card with Chase for many years, but only used it for balance transfers when interest was 2.99% until balance is paid off, and my bill was always up to date, in fact, paid more than the actual payment every month, then they sent a letter to either up my payment from $60.00 to $150.00 month, or change the interest rate from 2.99% to 7.99%, so since I had lost my job, I told them I have no choice but to change the interest rate, but thought this was an awful way to treat their excellent customers. I had just paid the card in full, and the amount owing was over $1, 000, the following month I couldn't believe that Chase sent me another invoice for more interest owing of $10.59. I called customer service, spoke to an account mgr. and told her I had no intentions on paying extra interest on this account when I paid the account totally off the previous month and not paying a penny more, and felt this amount should be taken off the account, after a long battle with this account manager, she agreed to take off the additional interest they were charging me, then I told her to CLOSE the account, send a letter stating that the account was closed per my request. I WILL NEVER DEAL WITH CHASE AGAIN!!!

Jul 08, 2010
    Chase Bank - Scam
    Chase Bank

I did a money transfer at Tuesday to cover Tuesday charges, Chase posted my transfer at Wednesday 12am.. so I got an overdraft. I spoke to their customer service and they can't do anything since my transfer "happened" after the charges. What a great system! You still get overdraft no matter what!

• Ro
      Jul 13, 2010
    Chase - unproffesional rudeness
    chase
    Kentucky
    Phone: 5025662510

i was speaking to several diffrent reps of chase, all i was wanting was to make 2 payments at which was over 600 dollars, instead of taken my money for my mother-in-law at which they have done in the past more than once they refused to allow me to make the payments due to not being on the account and i have never asked about any account info. so they have like i said before have done this in the past for me and were very polite and and as long as i did NOT ask to make a payment and told them a certain dollar amount it was and is perfectly legal by law. i am suggesting that chase gets all there reps on the same page of music and if they cant be polite and professional and speak some understandable ENGLISH then its obvious they DO NOT belong in customer service and dont have an option that says (for english press 1) then have someone who cannot be understood to answer your call and tell you they can help you then transfer you to someone else who then tells you the same thing then transfer you back to the first person who then says they can but then says they cant take your money when they have before then says they are going to put you on hold just so they can hang up on you then you call back they pick up the phone then hangup on you again without saying anything this happened twice tonight!!! i had to block my number just so i could get them to answer at which another guy gets on the phone by the name of john at who was very polite and simply told i could make the payment but had to call back in the morning cause that certain department was closed he gave me the correct number and ext. but yet the 4 people before him couldnt tell me that so in conclusion it would be a great improvement to get TRAINED and be more professional in there jobs or simply go to work for mcdonalds were no matter how good your english is anyone can understand you when you say(would you like fries with that?)

• Dm
      Jul 19, 2010
    Chase - costomer service

THIS IS A EMAIL I SENT TO CHASE AFTER A RUDE PHONE CALL ABOUT MY ACCOUNT.

Hello,
    I am a Very unhappy excostomer. I was offered back in feburary, a bonus if i paid my credit card off in 6 months. I tried very hard to do this and i just paid it All off, and its only july. The letter i received did say that i had to pay $300 each month, but when i called in to set it up in feburary i was told that if i had to make a little less some months and made it up in the next month it would be ok. So now that the account is PAID IN FULL and closed i called in to see how i was going to receive my $300 BONUS, they tell me that since i missed 1 month of the full $300 and paid more the next month and paid it ALL off A whole month early, Im not getting the bonus money AT ALL!! I think this VERY POOR costomer service. Lieing to costomers is not a good way to treat them. I will Never EVER use chase again, and tell everyone i know how terrible this bank is.
    I hope this emial reaches the right department and someone will understand my problem and not just delete it and move on. I know the economy is not to good now and to offer me and tell me one thing and when it comes time to hold up your end, you go back and look for tiny things so you dont have to pay is SAD.

• Xc
      Jul 27, 2010
    Chase Bank - Credt Card
    Personal
    Chico
    California

Well we have been a long time credit card holder through Circuit City. Well when they went out of business Chase Bank took over their accounts. We recently got our tax return and paid half of the card off (Yeah it was almost maxed out). Well almost immedietely my credit limit was cut in half keeping me at my max so they can report it to the credit agencies that I am maxed out once again. Well after speaking with them I decided to close the account and make minimun payments until the card was paid off. Well then they come up with some 3 year same as cash deal that had expired and so I had to come up with $1, 200 by the next payment or I would be late and therfore have a negative remark on my credit. So basically they lowered my credit limit, charged be some made up fee, and then charged me an additional fee because them lowering my credit line put me over my credit limit. Seriously? CHASE BANKS IS A BUNCH OF SCAMMERS! PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. THEY ARE GOING TO CONTINUE SCREWING THIER CUSTOMERS RIGHT AND LEFT BECAUSE THEY MAKE UP RULES STATING THEY CAN. SCREW CHASE BANK, BECAUSE THEY SCREW US!

• Ph
      Jul 29, 2010
    Chase Bank - ODF BY BANK BY BANK ERROR FOR TRANSFER OF S.S. MONEY ON WRONG DATE
    CHASE BANK
    Longview
    Washington

FOR 3 MONTHS CHASE BANK HAS CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 450.00, 863.00 AND 900.00 FOR CHASE BANK TRANSFERING MY S.S. CHECK TO MY BUSINESS ACCT. ON WRONG DAY (IN WHICH THERE WAS NO FUNDS IN ACCOUNT OF TRANSFER). THE ODF ARE HUGE AND I NEED HELP FIGHTING THEM. HELP HELP PHYLLIS HAKE AT [protected]@CENTURYTEL.NET

• Ke
      Aug 03, 2010

I bank with Chase, and have always given them rave reviews due to the convenience of their atms, with their ability to deposit checks and cash same day-as I hate going into the lobby-and am always in a hurry. Until last night.

I am a leasing agent around 30 hours a week, I also bartend around the same hours, and freelance photography/web design/graphics when I am not doing the other two. I pick up a lot of jobs on craigslist. I never have to meet anyone, I do the design work, whether it be a website, a business card etc. I typically take my payments via check, and then cash them at the sent check's bank, then deposit the cash into my account. This last one, I guess I was lazy, and just directly deposited the check in my account via the Chase ATM. Wow, have I learned my lesson.
    Apparently my last payment was as Chase said "counterfeit". As of last night my account which should have had around $1000 (just enough to cover rent for the month) was -9, 999, 471.72 (I have attached a photo). I contacted them last night and was told they couldn't do anything (It was 1am, so I understood) and to call back in the morning. I called first thing, on my way to work, was put on hold for 24 minutes, transferred endlessly, given the complete run around and told I needed to speak to someone in the deposit dispute department. Luckily I have wonderful employers who allowed me to do this all on their time, and even helped me as much as they could. After being on hold for 37 minutes, I was told that my account was under review, and currently frozen due to a recent counterfeit deposit. I explained that I had my car payment, and rent already past due and they said I could visit a chase branch and receive a check of my accounts current available funds until my account was finished being under "review". So I did so. The branch manager at the Naperville, Il was dismissive, rude and unhelpful saying there was nothing she could do and my presence made her "uncomfortable" (she said this to someone on the phone, while I was sitting at her desk)
    I left and returned to work while attempting again to get through to Chase, hoping for a resolution. Now, mind you, I was not asking for the funds from the counterfeit check, I was asking for the ones previously in the account, that were not pending. I finally got through after being on hold another half an hour, and was told that my account was going to be closed. I asked why, and was told that they were not obligated to explain why, but they were going to cease their business relationship with me and that I was not owed a reason. "If" I had any funds in said account they would send me a check in 10 days after further review. At that time they said my account was negative previous to the counterfeit. I have my pay stub to prove them incorrect, it made no difference. It is bi-weekly deposited into the account. I also have my online banking statement proving them incorrect, and that I should have $850 in my account from my paycheck and an additional $300 from previous cash deposits. They claim that is incorrect and I do not have any funds in my account.
    I attempted to plead my case, bills, eviction etc. I wasn't asking for anything that wasn't mine after all! They proceeded to tell me that I was responsible for the counterfeit check and they were not interested in my business.
    I have been attempting to contact the company who sent the check all day as well, between calls with chase and shockingly, have not gotten through to anyone. (not surprised)
    My boss, has a friend who is a Chase employee and contacted him, he looked up my information and told me that I could visit the branch I opened my account with, and speak to them and they would be able to give me more information, and cut me a check for my funds, which he admitted were in my account. Also, I was told it would be under the branch manager's discretion to continue business with me. (Mind you I have my auto loan through them as well). So I drove there and did exactly as told. The branch manager of course, while was as helpful as possible, and very straight-forward and polite, could not assume any responsibility for the erratic actions being taken against me. He advised me to contact them again in several days, also saying my account was previously negative. Apparently they assume everyone has extra money laying around to pay bills.
    Now, through this, I thought I was the victim, I mean I did a job for free. I was lied to and taken advantage of. While, being overly trusting has always been a problem of mine, I was unaware of how punishing it could be. Chase has done nothing but made me feel incriminated. It is my fault. I deposited the counterfeit check and was therefor liable. It almost sounded as if they were saying I deserved to be "s-o-l" The people who were always warm, accommodating and helpful change quick!

If anyone has a solution to this issue please contact me at [protected]@gmail.com

• Sh
      Aug 05, 2010
    Chase Bank Credit Card - Unfair Credit Determination
    New Hampshire

I was a chase bank customer w/ 3 accounts (2 credit cards & 1 auto loan). I have been extremely diligent & consistant w/ paying all accounts on time. I was never late w/ one payment & often paid balances in full on the credit cards. A few weeks ago, Chase decided that because I co-signed on a loan over a year (which account has never defaulted) & had a bankruptcy over 9 years ago that they were going to cancel one credit card & lower my credit limit on the other from $5, 000 to $500. All of which go against my credit history & lower my credit score... I spoke to Chase customer service reps 3x & they acknowledged that I have maintained a perfect payment history on all accounts, have had co-signed loan for over a year w/ NO difficulties w/ payment, I was issued the cards 5 years ago w/ a flawless payment history but they consider me "too" much of a risk and decided to lower my credit card limit and cancel 1 account. (Not to mention since that bankruptcy in 2001 I have been flawless on ALL debt & accounts- Not 1 negative account since then). My credit score was 810 & has now dropped to 706. I'm anxious to pull my credit report next month to see any comments on those accounts. My point to my complaint is that despite them already having previous knowledge of my bankruptcy when the issued me cards, having an exceptional payment history (paid them $19, 700 in 2009 w/ NO problem always paying at least 5x more then min. payment if not paying total balance), NO derogatory history in over 9 years on any account... they decided I was a risk & took action which damaged my credit score. In my opinion they are a horrible lending agency penalizing individuals when they haven't even defaulted on anything... I just closed my surviving $500 credit card & I'm now looking to refinance my auto loan w/ another lender... will I NEVER DO BUSINESS w/ Chase AGAIN!!! I've read so many complaints about Chase... Consumer BEWARE!!!

• Cj
      Aug 11, 2010

dont pay what you feel you dont owe. instead go to a lawyer, explain the situation, and let the lawyer deal with them. A lawyer may charge you that much to deal with this company, but at least you wont be charged any more from them after this. Then drop that card, make sure you name is removed from their system. If enough people stood up to these credit card companies, they would get off their high horse.

• My
      Sep 14, 2010
    Chase - home mod
    Chase
    ofallon

Went into modification over 13 months ago many many many phone calls, always different people calling me over 1 week ago phone call said I was approved from 1600 a month to 730. Today I get a phone call said they want over 40, 000 dollars to catch up, after they told me not to make a payment while I was in mod. I'm devastated have 3 kids and had this home built in Aug 2007. Please contact me if anyone has any info to give me.

Sep 17, 2010
    Chase - Trying to log on to account
    Norman Lasko
    Omaha
    Arkansas

I have been trying to log on to my credit card account for at least 3 days and have been getting bounced aroun with errors stating they ncannot find my account. I've entered at least a dozen key numbers given to me by Chase, both live and email and they do absolutely no good. They just reroute to "Log In" page over and over saying I have the wrong ID or password, which I have changed so often, according to Chases' instructions, that I really don't know which is my actual names. Disgusting !!! And they had better not attach a late fee because of this mess

• Da
      Sep 18, 2010
    Chase Bank - Pathetic company
    Chase Bank

What a pathetic company. The poor service, long lines, and sloppy carless employees. Must be a sad place to work. It sure shows.

• Bv
      Sep 21, 2010
    Chase Home Finance Llc - Chase System Breakdown: 2 Chase Withdrawals/Month, Making Refund Very Difficult
    SALLC
    Georgia

In May 2010, I logged on to my online Chase Mortgage account and changed electronic fund transfer dates from the beginning to the middle of the month.

Chase did not delete the beginning of the month schedule and therefore began effecting transfers twice/month. Effectively, I was making 2 mortgage payments per month.

I noticed this error in August 2010 and called Chase to refund to me the overpayments. They asked me to provide bank statements showing that Chase received the transfers. That request struck me as strange, as they should have an accounting system that shows when payments were received or, as later analysis suggests, if any payments were invalid and debited back to me.

I nevertheless complied and sent them the pertinent pages of my bank account (each page has enough information to show that I'm the account holder).

Chase replied and said they want the entire statement set whether Chase-related transactions were contained in the pages or not.

I complied with that as well.

Not receiving any feedback after 2 weeks, I called Chase and was informed that they needed my bank's internal statements showing my account balance immediately before and after the fund transfers to Chase.

You might imagine that my frustration had reached maximum level at this stage, which it did. And yet I did just that - going to my bank for internal accounting records - today.

The amount involved, $6, 000.00, supports my business and was forced to go against the grain of logic, reason, and simple good faith, to get my funds back.

Which makes me ask, why would Chase pass the burden of proof to its client when it can easily look up its records, validate the claim, and refund the amount that its client rightfully owns ?

This level of customer service is the lowest that I've seen in my decades of doing business with financial institutions.

I'm in contact with my lawyers, and will pursue resolution of this matter.

Someone at Chase, and I hold its Chairman and CEO primarily responsible, is cruelly insensitive to the group of people that keeps it alive, its customers.

• Ju
      Sep 27, 2010
    Chase Bank - Closed Account/overdraft fees/kept my disability check for weeks and still don't have it
    Sacramento
    California

I need an attorney and others to come forward regarding the bank practices of Chase Bank. These practices are criminal.

• Of
      Sep 29, 2010
    Chase - horrilble bank
    chase
    south park ( Smilitary dr)
    San Antonio
    Texas
    Phone: 2109325100

This bank has to be the worst bank ever. I went to open an account and I was helped by Ms Valdez. She managed to mess up just about everything on my account. I was not mad at first everyone makes mistakes but when I tried contacting her, she was either not in or busy. I left several messages and I was told that I would be called back. NEVER once did she call back. Finally I had to go in and when I spoke to the MANAGER I came to realize she was just as rude as the rest of the employees. NEVER again will I go there. Save yourself the hassle and use a little more of your gas and go to another Chase bank. It has been OVER A MONTH and I STILL HAVEN'T recieved my card.

• Ru
      Oct 16, 2010
    Chase - Horrible Company
    Chase

Chase Banks is the WORST company I have ever dealt with. I work for a retail company. Unfortunately, part of our job description is to offer this CRAP Chase Credit Card to our customers. I loved WAMU, it took me a while to find a trustworthy bank and then I found Washington Mutual which was absolutely fantastic. After this full of CRAP company (CHASE) took over, my credit card account was closed, my APR exceeded to 29.9%, and their attitude about all of this, they couldn't give a *@#&! They are heartless. They DO NOT CARE about they're customers. I recently called about seeing if they could reduce my APR so that way I could get the card paid off before the end of the year but they refused to help me. All they want is their money. And those of you who work for Chase that say you have a heart the actually beats, think about your mother just getting robbed. CHASE you are HORRIBLE!!

Ruth and Michele Smiley

• Du
      Oct 16, 2010

specialy if i still need to write the mathmatical code of conduct index.

• Al
      Oct 20, 2010
    Chase - chase home finance
    chase home finance
    California

CHASE HAS GONE TO FAR !!! THEY RAISED OUR TAXES A YEAR AGO AND BY DOING THAT THEY RAISED OUR MORTGAGE WE HAD OUR PROPERTY ASSESSED BY THE COUNTY ASSESSORS OFFICE AND OUR TAXES WERE ACTUALLY LOWER THAN WHAT CHASE HAD IN THERE SYSTEM THEY WERE SUPPOST TO PUT OUR PAYMENTS BACK TO NORMAL THEY NEVER DID .. THEY SCREW UP MY HUSBANDS CREDIT AND THEY HAVE CAUSED GREAT STRAIN IN OUR RELATIONSHIP DUE TO THE STRESS THEY CAUSE . THERE DOING ILEGAL THINGS AT CHASE AND IF THERES IS A CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT AGAINST CHASE I WOULD LOVE TO BE PART OF IT .

Oct 26, 2010
    Chase - Interest Rate HIKES
    CHASE

I would like an explanation as to how my interest rate/APR went from 23.99 percent t0 31.99 percent. Chase did not ask my permission to increase my interest rate but when I call to ask them to reduce it they told me NO. I am filing complaints on FTC and all online complaint forums I can find until Chase EXPLAINS how my interest rate continued to rise without my knowledge and how I have been paying this card for years and I cannot seem to pay it off because of their ridiculous criminal interest rates. When I called and said I was having financial difficulties they said they would not lower the interest rate which means they don t give a damn. I will not stop until I expose their abusive credit card practices.

If all angry Chase customers called Chase everyday and told them what ### they were then maybe they would feel half bad about taking advantage of people. Are there no laws for corporate criminals?

• Po
      Oct 26, 2010

They don't have to ask your permission to increase your interest rate, though they should have told you. I'm sure their paperwork says something about the possibility of change.

• Th
      Nov 09, 2010
    Chase Bank - Lack of Customer Service
    Chase Bank

I have been unemployed since the beginning of October and have been approved for unemployment benefits and have been unable until yesterday to get a live person at chase bank to tell me where the card they were supposed to send was. I was transferred to the person I spoke with so I have no idea how to call them back. The woman I spoke with said that the benefits were on my account and I had activated my card. She explained that I have had the card for a while. I applied for unemployment 4 years ago and destroyed the card after it was expired. Then the woman said that yes she did see the card expired and she would issue a new one and that if I lost another card I would have to pay a fee to get a new one and that I only get one free replacement per year. There was no apology for putting the money on an expired card. The person was not flippant she was flat. I was too furious to say any more and now I can not get a live person make my complaint to. So in seven to ten days I will should receive the card if chase is competent enough to do that. If I find my self evicted while I wait for chase to send me the debit card I will go to the nearest chase bank and set up a tent by the front door.

• Pi
      Nov 10, 2010
    Chase - Abusive actions
    JP morgan
    California

This bank keeps blocking my debit cards EVEN after I tell them I am traveling in a foreign country. They want to know where I eat, sleep and take a dump. I only spent maybe $500 bucks max in any said "foreign country" using my VISA debit card with there stupid slogan it is accepted anywhere. Being kicked out of resturants, Forced to pay in cash, Looked at like a peice of dump every time the card is declined over there Stupidity and there fraud provention service witch prolly uses the FBI to find out how large my stool was in the said hotel, and how good the chick was etc etc. Sherry Walker has been nice and trying to deal with Chases stupid proactices but now the bank wants not one but two forms of Identification and a copy of my CARD to open it again. This is nuts!! This is a evasion of my privacy and further should be illegal. with all due repesect if the bank suspects fraude CALL ME before canceling the stupid card. I would hate to be in a emergancy situation where I need cash and have my card get canceled. Chase is a dirty bank they suspect everyone is a theif. I have not made any claimes on my accounts since I opened it.

Do not go wit JP. Morgan Chase because you will be playing phone chase with there Fruade department if you even Cross the border or even make a online purchase. BEWARE!! Chase is nothing but a inconvenience!!

give this lady a call 713-262-3834
    her name is sherry Walker she is totally nice and its nto her fault her employer checks the crevus of the behinds of there customers.

Nov 15, 2010
    Chase Bank - Stay away
    Leticia Lampon

I like to join a CHASE Class Action Lawsuit for CHASE had been sold my house in August 30th 2010 when I was into the process to negotiated a loan modification with chase for over 18 months, doing those months I provide all the paper requirements they requested all the time. An August 1st. 2010 Chase supposedly transfer my load to a different lander to continued server my load modification process, instead doing this, they sold my house without any Foreclosure Notice by mail or even place a notice in the door. Without any founder notice just sold the property to Fannie Mae and sanded a Realtor to given me the 3 days quit notice on September 3rd. 2010 I loose everything, ruined my credit and end it up where no place to go me and my ten years old daughter and as a single mother I asking for some one to help me on what to do to join a class action lawsuit. Please reply to me.

• Ne
      Nov 18, 2010
    Chase Bank - savings
    chase bank

Please keep up with all your money in your checking and savings account! When you call the chase 1800 # to see how much money you have in your accounts, sometime it doesnt match what your bank information has when you go into that bank to ask! I AGREE with all of you about this bank!

• Uc
    Chase Home Finance - Scam
    Chase Home Finance

Because Real Estate business was down, I got behind in my Mortgage payments with Chase and when i got my first Chase mortgage collector, he was so nasty and we got into an argument, I mention to him that I was going to start a loan Modification to what he answered "Over my dead body" and... "As long as I'm here I'l be sure you won't get approve and he was right! Chase put me in a trial period for 1 year and last week denied (I can tel you in half hour if you qualified for a loan but it took the one year with me) my loan after I send a letter to my congressman Peter King and he answered them
    (I just send more Email to Sen. Schumers and Gillibrand as well as President Obama also from advice of this website where this gentleman (Also a victim of Chase) set up a foreclosure Victim space in order to create a class action lawsuit against Chase. go to: myspace.com/foreclosure victim.

• Ga
    Chase - unautherized charge
    Copiague
    New York

My bank account has been debited for the last two months, for $14.95 without my approval. I am going to my bank to find out how to stop this fradulent practice!...

• Kh
      Nov 23, 2010

you stop it by finding out who is doing it and making them quit. The bank doesnt know you didnt auth it. Sounds like you signed up for something without reading the fine print about monthly charges

• Kh
      Nov 23, 2010

you dti has to be under 40 percent to be approved. Was it? Being in real estate you should know that