Chase Bank / chase bank scamming people out of their hard earned money and don't even care!

I am writing to let anyone and everyone know not to deal with chase bank.About a week ago I called into the 800 number to find out when I should put in my deposit. I spoke with a young lady named keisha. She advised me that as long as it was there before midnight I would be ok, well that most certainly was not the case. I found out that because I put it through the ATM-like I was told to do. I missed the cut-off for that banking day. If I had known that I would have deposited the money in there right then, and not waited a few hours!! Well, the next day I went online and looked at my balance... and I was charged a 35.00 overdraft fee. I called and talked to a manager, who basically told me she thought I was a liar, and that I didn't speak with anyone. I just said forget it and hung up, well in the week following CHASE'S error, I have been charged 155.00 dollars in overdraft fees, and a daily overdraft fee. I am closing my account which I have had for years. I did exactly what I was told to do, and all of the sudden they are saying they have no record of me even calling in!!! They are scamming people out of their hard earned money and don't even care!

Va

Comments

7th of Oct, 2007

Chase is in business for one reason; to keep consumers poor and their greedy devil executives rich. I fired Chase a few years ago and I have to tell you that it feels good.

Good for you and glad you did it! Chase sucks!

• Cr
      7th of Dec, 2008

Their unscrupulous behaivior continues, please read on

HOW CHASE BANK AND COLUMBIA HOUSE STOLE CHRISTMAS

On August 8, 2008 I purchased some DVDs from Columbia House, the order came to $35.84. The order was shipped missing an item after many emails and phone calls to them I finally got my remaining item but they charged me an additional three times for that one item. After another round of calls and emails I finally chalked it up to a bad experience that I would learn a lesson from.

On October 11.2008 I logged into my checking account to find that I had two pending charges of $99.76 from Columbia House! I immediately called Chase Bank’s toll free number where I spoke to a wonderful supervisor Pat, whom advised that as they were still pending she had been able to reverse them. As a caution she advised that they could submit again as long as they had my card number and provided me the number to the Chase Claims Department.

Immediately I began trying to contact Columbia House via their email process on their website - to this day they have NEVER responded to the dozens of emails that I have sent regarding this issue. Calls are answered by someone not qualified to handle the matter, so a supervisor will need to return your call and that NEVER happens either.

I tried to remove my card information from their site, which the site does not allow you to do! You also can not remove the check mark in the box allowing them to use that information for any future shipments and charges! In frustration I changed the billing information on the card to Big Bird, 123 Sesame Street, New York NY 10001

On October 14, 2008 they again debited my checking account for $99.76 which resulted in CHASE Bank charging me $75.00 and $32.00 for insufficient funds fees.

I contacted CHASE Bank filed a claim and closed that debit card (as they would not file the claim other wise). I provided them with screen shots showing no purchases, no shipments, no pending orders since the August fiasco and was advised by Angel that CHASE Bank would be crediting back the charge and any related insufficient funds fees.

Initially they did credit back the $99.76 and the $75.00 for insufficient funds. CHASE refused to credit the $32.00 as Donnell advised me because a previous request had been made (the $75.00) within a 12-month period.

On November 20, 2008 CHASE bank reversed themselves and took the $99.76 and the $75.00 from my checking account. I contacted CHASE Claims Department on 11.21.2008 and was advised by Judy that she would re-open the claim and I would receive that information shortly. Several hours later there was still no information received. Again I contacted CHASE claims where upon Andre advised me that I would need to speak with a supervisor whom was currently on another call and would need to call me back.

To date there has been no communication from Judy or Andre’s supervisor, maybe CHASE has Columbia House train the employees in their Claims Department!

Thanks to Grinches at COLUMBIA HOUSE and CHASE BANK there will be no Christmas in our household this year. The theft of over $200.00 from my account by these two supposedly reputable companies has ended any possibility of a celebration of any kind in my household

BE WARNED AND TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ANYWHERE ELSE

• Hd
      6th of Aug, 2009

Did you read the signs posted by the atm. they always tell you that you deposit may not be made avalible right away. why call the 1 800 number why not just go to the bank and make the dep asap if you had things that were outstanding??????????????