Chase Auto Finance / double debit, overdraft fees

1 OK, United States Review updated:

In June of 2008 Chase double debited my checking account and stated it was my fault because I had made two payments online, one for instant pay and then scheduled one for three days later. I explained to them that I had not done this and wanted one payment credited back to my account. Also, I wanted to be reimbursed for the overdraft fees they had caused. I was given a laundry list of things to fax them (and I did) but got no where with this. Well, after double debiting my account, they sent me a check for the overpayment BUT THEN refunded the two debits to the bank!! Two payments out then three payments refunded!!
And now they say I have a negative report on my credit history for 30+ days late!! I can not use my checking account because Chase keeps taking and returning odd amounts. So, I thought that I should use auto - debit and made arrangements with chase ofr this to start --------- well, when the date came for the payment to come out automatically I was told it couldn't happen as we had agreed because my Chase account was delinquent (???) The will tell you anything on the telephone but will not stick behind it. Plus, They never paid the full balance to the former car loan company and it took me over three months to get them to do after being told several times it was taken care of. This was another derogatory credit rating I did not deserve. It's just not a group you can trust with something as valuable as an automobile or your credit. In a word they are crooked.

Bo

Comments

• Er
      20th of Nov, 2009

So I actually just went through the whole overdraft issue with Chase. They took longer than expected to post a deposit, and as a result my account when in the red. Instead of posting transactions in the order the occurred, they reordered 5 days worth of transactions to benefit them self.
    Outraged that a bank was allowed to do this, I actually took them to Small Claims court and WON!!! I just received a phone call from a woman in their legal department informing me that the ONLY reason I won was because they didn't show up and thus defaulted. They had every opportunity to arrive (it was scheduled 6 weeks in advance) and didn't. They also can not assume that they would automatically win the case.
    Chase is an example of a bank that says they focus on customer service while in the background, tries to come up with ways to extract more fees from their customers. I plan to close my account as soon as possible.