Chase Home Finance — fraud and scam
About 5 years ago, my mortgage was sold to Chase, I did not choose them. I have paid every single mortgage payment at least 2 weeks prior to its due date, and on most of my payments, I have added extra money to be applied to the principal. I have to believe I am an excellent customer (my credit rating is 826). I have no escrow accounts with them and up until now, I have had no problems. I paid my July 1, 2008 payment in early June. They received and cashed my check on 6/13/2008, but did not post the payment to my Chase account. Although I sent them a copy of the check (both sides) and my bank statement several times, all showing the check was cashed by them on 6/13, it took them 36 days (and MANY phone calls from me) to finally apply the money to my account. During which time, my account was tagged as delinquent and accessed a late fee. After the money was finally applied to my account on 7/17, I had to call them to remove the late fee, which they agreed to do for me as "a one-time courtesy to me"!! That's amazing, since the lateness was entirely their fault!! My account history stills says my July payment was paid late - Chase refuses to change that to 6/13, which was when they actually cashed my check. Chase strung me along for 36 days, keeping me tied up in a process that should have been correctly immediately by any customer rep, once they received my proof of payment. Now my credit has been hurt and I'm left to straighten that out. If this is how it is to work with them on a simple problem, I can't imagine what it would take to correct something far more complicated. It's no wonder they have a "F" rating with the Credit Bureau. Needless to say, I'm leaving Chase as soon as possible and would advise anyone with a Chase Home Finance mortgage to do the same.
More Chase Home Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice
- Chase - Denied fraud claim
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure!
- Chase - chase raising rates!
- Chase Bank - stalling on refinancing my mortgage
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - atm deposit
- Chase - dishonoring previously resolved debt with washington mutual
- JPMorgan Chase - deposit accounts