Chase Auto Finance / unsolicited phone calls
I took out a car loan with chase. I made my payments on time for two years. Everything was fine until the economy took a nose dive. I had no source of income my husband was layed off from his job. we have very little money coming in so I called and asked them if I could make weekly payments because It was easier for me to budget that way. they said that would be fine. my payment is 300$ I wanted to make payments of 100$ weekly, lets do the math 4 weeks x 100$ = 400$ monthly.
at first that was okay until one day I got a phone call and they said it wasn't okay and they will only deal with whole payments. so we make weekly payments until they said we couldn't anymore. In the meantime they were calling my family members harassing them and telling them I owed money on my auto loan and didn't know how to get a hold of me- that was a lie because they were calling me harassing me because I was a couple of days late on that months payment- a couple of days!
I didn't end up receiving any money for two weeks SO of course they called daily and told the person assigned to my case I would need to make the payment late but it would be made. was threatened with repossession for being a week late, next day someone different called and said that person was not my case manager and I again was threatened with repossession, so after the daily calls, the daily threats they are inflexible unruly, ignorant, and most of all rude.
I became upset with them threatening repossession and if I didn't tell them just what they wanted they would come get my vehicle. sounds like black mail to me. So as it is now I am 19 days past due on my current months payment and they again are threatening repo. With the economy the way it is and everyone losing jobs left and right to threaten everyone that has lost a job seems counter productive.
They repo tons of vehicles, ruins everyones credit, there stuck with vehicles that no one can buy at auction, seems like everyone looses, so why not work with the owners who will take better care of them? Dealing with chase auto finance has been frightening, horrible, and aggravating at best and I don't have words for what it has been like at its worst.
More Chase Auto Finance Complaints & Reviews
- Chase Bank - closed my account without notice 
- Chase - denied fraud claim 
- Chase Home Finance, LLC - mortgage fraud/scam 
- Chase Auto Finance - vehicle repossession after payment arrangement was made 
- Chase Home Finance - chase now causing and encouraging foreclosure! 
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - Condescension is not a good customer service strategy
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - front desk/ customer service
- Chase Bank / JPMorgan Chase Bank - chase marriott card
- Chase.com - brokerage/sole owner; investment/stocks/bonds