Certegy Check Services / check denial/profiling

Meadow StreetLittleton, United States Review updated:
When I tried to write a check at Shaw's Supermarket in Littleton, NH for $47, it was declined. I shop at this store at least once a week - correction, I USED to, I will not step foot into this store again! They gave me a "little blue card" with Certegy phone number and some "Dear Valued Customer" stuff. When I called, I was informed that I did not match MY checking account's profile.

I usually use my debit card (which Certegy wouldn't make any money on), however, I had left it at home, so I thought, with my Shaw's card, I would write a check. This goes so far beyond "wrong", it's Profiling at it's best (or perhaps worst). Certegy informed me that they process checks for approximately 75% of buisnesses nationwide - pretty scarey to me. I will be doing my homework and will NOT shop at these businesses.

If there is any action against them, count me in!!!
La

Comments

Ar
  7th of Nov, 2008
I too was a victim of that awfull company. I forgot my debit card at home and so figured I would write a check. Kmart refused my $38.11 check. I was soo embarrased my 4 year old was with me and wanted a bag of chips that I could not afford since I had no cash. When I called certegy they said I had no negative information on file and my banking information was fine, but my situation was linked to frauduelent check writting situations and so I was denied. They went on to say that in the past 13 months I had not written a check through them and that my lack of check writting was probably the reason it was denied, but they offered me a free application to their gold membership. What a deal! I went to Kmart to buy holloween candy, left embarrased, went home got my card, and bought them at Smart and Final. Will never go back to Kmart again.
Li
  24th of Feb, 2009
I tried to cash my federal income tax refund. They said I have cashed too many checks with them lately. The total #of checks I have cashed, is 4 checks in 2008. They have been from my 401k or mileage checks, from my work. No personal checks. I will never go to WalMart again!!!

FISGlobal.com / Certegy Logo FISGlobal.com / Certegy