Certegy Check Services / check denial/profiling

1 Meadow StreetLittleton, United States Review updated:

When I tried to write a check at Shaw's Supermarket in Littleton, NH for $47, it was declined. I shop at this store at least once a week - correction, I USED to, I will not step foot into this store again! They gave me a "little blue card" with Certegy phone number and some "Dear Valued Customer" stuff. When I called, I was informed that I did not match MY checking account's profile.

I usually use my debit card (which Certegy wouldn't make any money on), however, I had left it at home, so I thought, with my Shaw's card, I would write a check. This goes so far beyond "wrong", it's Profiling at it's best (or perhaps worst). Certegy informed me that they process checks for approximately 75% of buisnesses nationwide - pretty scarey to me. I will be doing my homework and will NOT shop at these businesses.

If there is any action against them, count me in!!!

La

Comments

• Ar
      7th of Nov, 2008

I too was a victim of that awfull company. I forgot my debit card at home and so figured I would write a check. Kmart refused my $38.11 check. I was soo embarrased my 4 year old was with me and wanted a bag of chips that I could not afford since I had no cash. When I called certegy they said I had no negative information on file and my banking information was fine, but my situation was linked to frauduelent check writting situations and so I was denied. They went on to say that in the past 13 months I had not written a check through them and that my lack of check writting was probably the reason it was denied, but they offered me a free application to their gold membership. What a deal! I went to Kmart to buy holloween candy, left embarrased, went home got my card, and bought them at Smart and Final. Will never go back to Kmart again.

• Li
      24th of Feb, 2009

I tried to cash my federal income tax refund. They said I have cashed too many checks with them lately. The total #of checks I have cashed, is 4 checks in 2008. They have been from my 401k or mileage checks, from my work. No personal checks. I will never go to WalMart again!!!