CenturyLink / exorbitant charges for dish receiver return

1 Carol Stream, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-800-201-4099

My 70 year old father decided to discontinue his dish satellite service which was contracted through centuytel now centurylink. He had been a customer for over 3 years and his agreement said nothing of charges being assessed to him for discontinuing services after his required 2 years of service. <br / >
<br / >
Of course the customer service rep tried to wave several incentives to keep him from ending his satellite service, but his mind was made up. That’s when they took off the gloves and said we’ll send out 2 boxes and there will be a charge of $15 / box for returning the equipment. Finding this totally unacceptable i asked to speak with a supervisor, who was of no help. Immediately i asked to speak with someone with more authority than he. Mind you, these people kept me on the telephone line for 40 minutes, hoping i'd hang up is my guess. A so called resolution team member by the name of santiago came on the phone line who was even worse that the others. His response - “there’s nothing we can do, that’s the policy and the fees can’t be waived. ” this company could care less about retention of customers and i told him so. <br / >
<br / >
I wished i could say this was my first problem with centurytel / link but its not. The first opportunity i have to change to a reliable phone company, i plan to take it. Centurylink is a horrible telecommunications company has the worst customer service anywhere!<br / >
- if you have a choice - <br / >
Don't do any business with centurylink!!!

Comments

• Ce
      25th of Feb, 2010

lfhpwgirl,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you had with Dish Network. Unfortunately we don't have any control over their policies. If you would like me to look into this issue I'll be more than happy to. I've been helping customers on Complaintsboard.com for almost two year. My email address is Joey@CenturyLink. Contact me and I'll see what I can do to help.

Thanks,

Joey H.
    CenturyLink Customer Outreach
    Reachout@CenturyLink.com

• Mi
      12th of Jun, 2010

I'm now dealing with this ripoff. This "fee" is not mentioned anywhere in myy service contract. I went to my County (Burlington County, NJ) Consumer Protection Division and have filed a complaint. We'll see where that goes

17th of Jul, 2010

Not Happy With Dish Network.25.99 Plus 6.99 For Maintaince Fee.Lose Stations Every Times It Rains.Not Many Good Channels.Take Off Good Channels To Try And Get You To Buy Higher Price Ones. Worse Mistake I Ever Made.Not Much Help Over Telephone, Saying There Not The Ones Who Pick The Stati0ns.Drop It When Contract Is Up. Marilyn