Resolved CenturyLink — huge overcharges and fraudulent billing
I just want to add to the multiple complaints about gross overcharging by Centurylink.In simple terms, they are ripping us off.
When we moved to Montana 6 months ago we signed up for phone, internet, and satellite tv over the phone before we moved in.
Once we got here the phone and internet were turned on as promised, but the tv guys didn't show up until about a week late, and they weren't centurulink employees but instead some subcontractors who admitted not having liability insurance.Luckily we declined the satellite service.
Then we started getting our bills.
First of all the bills were incomprehensible and about 2 to 3 times what we had been told our service would cost. One fee was about $65 for delivery of a modem.Of course we never agreed to that and never would--who in their right mind would.
Plus our phone rang all day and night with telemarketing calls and bill collectors for whomever had our number previously and with blocked anonymous calls.
So after about 2 months we dropped the phone and told them we wanted the cheapest internet service available.The customer service person my wife spoke with said the service should cost a little under $50/month.
Of course, it was over $50/month.
After 1 1/2 months of this, we shut off service and went with Bresnan for internet, who is charging us just what they said they would, under $40/month.
So on our last bill--to top it off--Centurylink hits us with a $350 charge for unspecified services.
We have filed a complaint with the appropriate consumer agency and are looking into civil litigation.
Stay away from Centurylink.Our new neighbors--a number of them--warned us about Centurulink when we moved here. They were right.
Avoid Centurylink if you value truth, honesty, fair dealing--and your hard earned dollar.
More CenturyLink Complaints & Reviews
- Global Crossing Local Services - Fraud
- Global Crossing Local Services, Inc - Unsolicited phone calls
- Century Link Internet - extremely slow internet service
- Century Link - century link rip off
- Century Link/prism Tv - bad service
- Century Link - vacation plan
- CenturyLink - poor customer service and incorrect bills
- CenturyLink - centurylink's subcontractor cut my gas line
- Century Link - internet/I was told one thing and then it didn't happen.
- Centurylink Service - bad service to employee