[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Linesunjustified refund

I booked 2 cabins on carnival Liberty for 7 people & paid a total of over $2300.00. I was notified the Liberty was being replaced by Valor. We were to check in port Galveston @ 11am 1/14/17. I was notified 9am of fog delay but I was already in Galveston, they said new up date in two hrs. they kept updating every 2hrs or so, until finally @ 4:30 they said we would not load till next day & next update wouldn't be till 12noon next day. This made it hard to find hotel for 7 people, found hotel 50 miles away. then next day 1/15/17 @ 9am got a call that Valor would start loading @10am & leave port @2pm. Here I am 50 miles away with 7 people to get ready & feed& get checked in. Was also email that we would loose 1 port & be refunded in 3weeks, port being Progresso, Mx. Next day 1/16/17 @ sea they change it to Cozumel & start advertising to buy booklet the save $ @ their shops on port dock in Cozumel. Carnival never contacted me in anyway as to how much$/when refund was going to be, so I called & they said it was being processed. They credit me with $171.20for cabin 1320 which I paid $476($119p/p)port fees& $263($65.79p/p)tax fees;& $145.40 for cabin 1317 which I paid $347($119p/p)port fees &$197.37(65.79p/p)tax fees as to what my booking agent broke it down for me. I just can't see justification on their refund amount as we only did 1 port & lost 1 day. Thanks Victor F.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Feb 06, 2017

Thank you for sharing this guest’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that the Carnival Valor experienced delays when the port of Galveston was closed due to dense fog, preventing us from docking the previous sailing. That’s absolutely not the way we’d ever have wanted our guests’ vacations to begin.

Since weather situations are beyond our control, it’s not something for which we usually offer compensation, but in this case, mindful of the major impact the delay had on our guests’ vacation plans, we did make an exception and extended to everyone who chose to sail with us a one-day, pro-rated refund equal to one day’s cruise fare, processed back to the original form of payment,

I’m not able to address this guest’s situation specifically without more information. If he booked through a travel agent, that agent would be in the best position to explain any credits to his booking. If he booked directly with Carnival, we ask that he contact us at [protected]@carnival.com, or by phone at 1/[protected], and share his booking numbers, if he has them available, or his full name as it appeared on the booking. Once we have that information, we’ll be able to properly record his comments and try to offer clarification for him.

The situations encountered this time aren’t typical of what a Carnival cruise has to offer, and we appreciate the understanding of all our guests..

Sincerely,