[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines — smokers in next cabin/balcony
My husband and I recently returned from our first cruise, Jan 12-15 on the Liberty. This was a surprise for my husband's 50th birthday, and I splurged and booked a cabin with a balcony (#6-347). Unfortunately, the couple in the next cabin (#6-351) were chain smokers. Every time we went out on our balcony, they were either already out on theirs, smoking, or would come out a few minutes later and light up. My husband and I are both allergic to smoke, and inevitably, we would leave our wonderful balcony each time we went out, after being exposed to the smoke. We complained to our steward about this three times, and to 2 other stewards as well, and they all spoke with the smokers and explained the rules about where they could and could not smoke, but it made no difference. My husband's allergies kicked in and he now has a full-blown sinus infection. This really put a damper on our whole trip. I hope you will consider establishing a policy whereby smoking in non-designated areas would result in a fine. I think if that had been in place, we would likely not have had this problem. I hope you will consider providing us with a cruise experience in a cabin and balcony we paid for and expected. My brother and his wife stayed in a similar set-up down the hall (6-309) and had no problem at all. We really wanted some R and R, and the smokers ruined it for us. Thank you for your attention on this most unfortunate experience.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Jan 19, 2017
Thank you for sharing Ms. Norin Kuehn’s comments with us.
We value her continued business, and we’re truly sorry that she and Mr. Kuehn experienced problems during their cruise this year. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted them to take home with them.
We’ll be contacting Ms. Norin Kuehn directly, to address the issue she’s brought to our attention, and we truly hope to have another opportunity to provide her and Mr. Kuehn with the fun, memorable cruise vacation we’ve become known for.
Guest Care Specialist
Carnival Cruise Line | 3655 NW 87th Avenue | Miami, FL 33178 |
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival sensation - january 7 to 12 2017 - caribbean cruise 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - deposit and booking
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - the ship sunshine
- Carnival Cruise Lines - Loss of earned free interior room offer and loss of 35 percent off offer