Carnival Cruise Lines / freedom-mediterranean cruise june 27/08
We booked with Carnival because their brochure (confirmed by our travel agent) promised shore excursions for 14-17 yr. old teens as part of their "O2" club. We have a 16 yr. old who doesn't want to spend his days visiting museums with his parents. NO shoe excursions materialized and we complained complaint to the Purser and requested to speak to the Teen Director ; he never contacted us. We changed our shore plans to accomodate or reluctant son. He was very unhappy. This was a material misrepresentation made in writing by Carnival.
Our room on Freedom, #1367, was directly over a service hatch and we were interrupted by constant banging. Luggage, garbage were off/on loaded at each port. On our last night, we were wakened at 4:44 am by 30 minutes of metallic ratcheting as we came into port. So much for arriving "rested". This cabin should not have been rented without full disclosure of these problems and then, only at a discount.
Carnival offered a "low brow" cruise experience. The food was unexciting and my wife passed on dinner rather than eat their gorp. For several nights the Cruise Director campaigned for tips for the staff and Maitre D'. It was tawdry.
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - Customer Service issue
- Carnival Cruise Lines - refund
- Carnival Cruise Lines - food, service, staff
- Carnival Cruise Lines - phone sales
- Carnival Cruise Lines - service in general