Carnival Cruise Lines / humiliating treatment
My wife and I are booked on a cruise to Mexico which leaves on January 9th, 2008.
About two weeks ago my wife fell off a ladder and broke five ribs. I am 78 years old and she is 73 years old. At our age that is a pretty serious injury, of which I am sure you are well aware.
My wife called Carnival and explained the situation. She then asked if it were possible to postpone the cruise to a later date. She was informed that to cancel the cruise would entail a fee of around six hundred dollars. My wife explained that she does not wish to cancel the cruise. We are both very much looking forward to this cruise. She was told that it did not matter, she would still have to pay that fee if we did not go on the cruise as scheduled. The person she spoke to kept saying that this was the standard cancellation fee. The person she spoke to would not accept the fact that we did not want to cancel the cruise. We simply wished to go at a later date due to my wife's injuries. The person she spoke to became more and more belligerent bringing my wife almost to the point of tears. This person finally just hung up cutting my wife off in mid sentence.
To take a seventy-three year old woman who has suffered great trauma and severe physical pain, verbally abuse her and then hang up on her as she tries to explain her position, is certainly no way to engender good will and insure future business for The Carnival Cruise Line.
My wife is determined to take the cruise no matter how sick she may be because we cannot afford to spend that much money on nothing. But you may rest assured that anyone we meet on that cruise will know how The Carnival Line treats its senior citizen passengers.
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - money back due to death in the family. my son was kill 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - room was hot and smell the sewage
- Carnival Cruise Lines - dining waiter
- Carnival Cruise Lines - port canaveral 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - not getting a group rate because everyone paid separately