Carnival Cruise Lines / humiliating treatment

1 24320 Juniper Springs RoadHomeland, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 951-926-9459

My wife and I are booked on a cruise to Mexico which leaves on January 9th, 2008.

About two weeks ago my wife fell off a ladder and broke five ribs. I am 78 years old and she is 73 years old. At our age that is a pretty serious injury, of which I am sure you are well aware.

My wife called Carnival and explained the situation. She then asked if it were possible to postpone the cruise to a later date. She was informed that to cancel the cruise would entail a fee of around six hundred dollars. My wife explained that she does not wish to cancel the cruise. We are both very much looking forward to this cruise. She was told that it did not matter, she would still have to pay that fee if we did not go on the cruise as scheduled. The person she spoke to kept saying that this was the standard cancellation fee. The person she spoke to would not accept the fact that we did not want to cancel the cruise. We simply wished to go at a later date due to my wife's injuries. The person she spoke to became more and more belligerent bringing my wife almost to the point of tears. This person finally just hung up cutting my wife off in mid sentence.

To take a seventy-three year old woman who has suffered great trauma and severe physical pain, verbally abuse her and then hang up on her as she tries to explain her position, is certainly no way to engender good will and insure future business for The Carnival Cruise Line.

My wife is determined to take the cruise no matter how sick she may be because we cannot afford to spend that much money on nothing. But you may rest assured that anyone we meet on that cruise will know how The Carnival Line treats its senior citizen passengers.

Comments

Ta
  27th of Sep, 2008

I am sorry to hear that Carnival is not understanding towards your situation. They should not be charging extra fees to a customer who really wants to come on their cruise ship. I recently travelled with Carnival and my friend's mother-in-law had to go in for surgery because of her cancer. My friend asked Carnival to help him get back to the Netherlands in which case they charged him almost $1000 extra on top of his airline fees! They are ridiculous!

We
  27th of Oct, 2009

Im sick of hearing about all you old people who complain about everything, if you hurt yourself its your fault. Mad old people hurt themselves cas they never get otta bed and when they do they are so out of shape that they cannot function right and yes that definately includes driving!!! Its like all you old people live to complain and not for much else.

We
  27th of Oct, 2009
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Why tha hell do you old people think you should get special treatment my god get over yourselves you think ur special cas ur old? everybody else gets treated like that its the way this world is haha obviously they have to charge you extra if you try and cancel because they r loseing money on a room that could of been used, at least u went on the cruise tho

Ds
  7th of Jun, 2010

Weston Duber is a emotionally immature 10 year old boy, or a troll? hmmm...You will be old someday kid.

Me
  28th of Jun, 2010
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

Weston Duber is only after the atention he can get no where else. He is most likely a mean and unfriendly person with no one to care about his opinions so he bashes people in fouums as these. Weston-seek counseling-get a life or just stay off these forums. There-you got you 2 seconds of attention-now go away lol.

1st of Nov, 2010