[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / denied request for partial credit for 9/25/17 cruise

Miami, FL, United States

I paid for a 5 day cruise to Key West and Cuba on April 27, 2017. Unfortunately, Irma, Jose and a Gulf hurricane wrecked havoc on the area and I called Carnival and was informed that my cruise itinerary was going to be changed.
On 9/21/17 I received an email changing my cruise to 'Fun Days at Sea' and Cuba. I called and asked if I could receive a partial credit and rebook at a later date because I had traveled to Key West in January and was really looking forward to showing our group around. I was denied.
I am a retired 71 year old teacher assistant on a fixed income. I cannot afford to completely lose $554.40. I was able to get a full credit for my airfare from the airline, thank god.
All I am requesting is at least a partial credit that I can use with Carnival at a later date.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Sep 28, 2017

Dear Ms. Woodley,

We are sorry to hear you decided not to sail on changed itinerary for your sailing. Please note without a booking number ship or sail date and names of guest/s we are unable to review your request. You may submit you request to [protected]@carnival.com with all pertinent information make sure to include the booking number, full names, ship and sail date.

Sincerely,