[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / cruise booking itinerary change
My husband and I booked a cruise on the Carnival Glory-7ZZ5C8-leaving 9/30/17 out of Miami. We chose this cruise because of the itinerary which was taking us to Puerto Rico and Turks and Caicos, two places we had yet to visit on a cruise. Then came Hurricane Irma resulting in a change of itinerary to ports that we had no desire to visit...again. I called our booking agent to request a refund and was told that it was in the contract that Carnival has the right to change the itinerary based on weather. Very disappointing. I then asked about getting spa credits, room credits, or something in exchange for the inconvenience and was told no to that as well. I have taken several Carnival cruises over the years and am disappointed to find out that loyalty means nothing.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Sep 27, 2017
Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mrs. Jennings's complaint.
We know our success depends on our guests and we treat all reports of guest dissatisfaction very seriously. We realize many vacations are chosen because of a specific itinerary and regret any disappointment caused as a result of the changes made to your scheduled cruise. Please understand that the decision to change an itinerary is difficult and generally undertaken as a last resort to ensure the safety and comfort of our guests. We know a cruise is something you plan carefully and look forward to with much anticipation. So, we are very sorry for any disappointment the Carnival Glory's itinerary change has caused you. Obviously, changing a ship’s itinerary is something we never do lightly as we wanted to provide you with the best port experience. Due to the circumstances, your itinerary was modified due to the damages caused by Hurricane Irma.
In closing, we ask that you not let this experience color all the fun that is in store for you when you sail. We appreciate your support and would very much like to count on your continued loyalty. While we understand your position in this matter, we must respectfully advise that we're unable to extend any compensation in this regard.
Carnival Cruise Line 3655 NW 87th Avenue Miami, FL 33178
More Carnival Cruise Lines Complaints & Reviews
- Carnival Cruise Lines - purchase jewelry through approved store 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - unhealthy air 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - terrible experience 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - fraud and cheating 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Line - hell experience from cruise - on board crime 
- Carnival Cruise Lines - carnival sensation - january 7 to 12 2017 - caribbean cruise 
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - deposit and booking
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - overpaying for gratuities and changing the itinerary
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - the ship sunshine
- [Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines - poor services to a disabled senior citizen