[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / credit from a canceled excursion to the wrong person

5 Miami, FL, United States

I purchased an excursion for November 15, Land's End Boat, Beach and Shopping that was canceled because of the super moon. The Shore guards of Cabo San Lucas said the waves were too dangerous for us to sail to see the Arch. So our tour guide I think her name was Michelle said we can either cancel our excursion and get the full refund or we can continue on with the tour to shop downtown and have lunch on the beach and get a 25% credit. Myself and my 2 nieces decided to cancel and get our full refund. My sister Debra Darden decided to continue on with the rest of the tour. We looked at our account activity 2 days later and I did not receive my credit back. I looked at my sister's account and she got 2 full credits for the canceled excursion. I went to guest services on the ship and they said I did not pay for my excursion that the refunded the person that paid for it. I paid for my own excursion on my own credit card. I have the bank statements as well as the receipt from Carnival thanking me for my payment. Guest Services said, "Oh well you have to get the money back from your sister." So I said thank you. I went to my sister to ask her for my money back and my sister said no. Then my 2 nieces interjected stating it's their mom's money because she paid for my trip. I have my bank statements and I also have the receipt from Carnival proving I paid. I am so upset that I accidentally deleted half of the photos I took of my 1st trip to Mexico and my 1st cruise trip. This has made me wished I never when on the cruise. I called the customer service line and was told oh well it was a mistake and there is nothing they can do about it. I am sad and sooo mad. I want my money back.

Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Cruise Lines

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Nov 23, 2016

Thank you for sharing Ms. Darden Taylor’s comments with us.

We’re truly sorry that she experienced problems during her cruise this year. Those are absolutely not the kind of memories we’d ever have wanted her to take home with her.

We’ll be contacting her directly, to address the issue she brought to our attention, and we truly hope to have another opportunity to provide her with the fun, memorable cruise vacation we’ve become known for.

Sincerely,