Carnival Cruise Lines

Posted: Oct 12, 2017 by

changing guest name

Berlin, Maryland
Booking #6SR6J7
I have a cruise that I'm to leave on in 11 days. My son now has to go under major surgery and I'm unable to go. I wanted to give my cruise a friend of mine and I was willing to pay a fee. When I called the woman told me I would have to pay $650 just to cancel and than I would have to rebook and pay for a whole new trip. I don't understand how changing a name is very hard at all. She than continued to try to sell me the cruise and kept saying I should go no matter what. No my child comes first! I than spoke to someone else and they said it wouldn't be a problem. They than said they could not do it. This is very frustrating!
Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Oct 17, 2017
Good day,

We are sorry to learn about the circumstances leading to the canceling of their cruise. If the guest is able to provide proof of the surgery such as a note from their doctor we would be willing to change Danielle’s name only for a $50 admin fee. The other guest in the cabin cannot be changed they must sail. Changing both names is a cabin cancellation and cancelation penalty would apply. They will need to call in to make the changes. Our Service Department can be reached at 1-800-438-6744 ext. 70355. We do not suggest putting any personal information on an open forum.

Kind Regards,

Carnival Cruise Line
Complaint comments Comments (0) Complaint country United States Complaint category Travel & Vacations

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree