[Resolved] Carnival Cruise Lines / booking

I had the payment for my cruise set up to automatically charge my carnival card. When it didn't go through I got some email that got buried in the holiday ads. When I logged on to check my dates to request time off from work my booking had been cancelled. When I called they told me the card did not go through. The representative tells me I can call in with my booking number and still get the cruise, but it was going to be an extra $25/ person. I hang up and contact my wife for the credit card info. When I call back in I'm told that my booking number is incorrect, even though the representative has looked up my account she refused to help without the proper booking number OR pin number. I hang up. After checking my email for the correct booking number (it was missing one number) I call back in and get the same representative as before. I give her the booking at which point she asks for the name of the ship. I had booked back in may and couldn't recall the name. She then tells me that without the ship name OR pin she can't help. Exacerbated that the criteria for simply paying for my cruise had changed I asked for somebody else. She transfers me to a supervisor who proceeds to read from a script about their rules being for me safety. She muttered some nonsense about my bank wouldn't just take money and apply it to any account. (Pretty much the definition of direct deposit) Literally, the only reason I even care at this point is that my family booked on this cruise after I set the whole thing up. I'd rather let them have the deposit and just sail with a company that wants my money as apparently Carnival does not. All they had to do was take my credit card information. Unfortunately the booking was deleted from my online account or I would have simply payed for it that way. Up to this point this criteria was never necessary. It wasn't until they cancelled my booking and decided to keep my deposit that this became a problem. It seems the rules are designed to force me to take a loss.

• Resolution statement

• Carnival Cruise Lines Customer Care's Response, Nov 30, 2016

Good day,

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to respond to Mr. Hartsough’s complaint. We are sorry for any frustration this may have caused him.

Please understand the safety and security of our guests is our number one priority. Due to policies we have in place, we’re unable to discuss any booking information or make any changes to their reservation without them verifying the booking information and security PIN number. I understand his point; however we need to make sure we are protecting the information. I show this has already been resolved and the booking has been reinstated. If they need additional assistance, we invite them to contact us directly, and we’ll be happy to review their concerns. Our Service Department can be reached at [protected] ext. 70355.

On again, we are sorry for any frustration this may have caused. We look forward to welcoming them onboard.

Sincerely,