Capital One / making good customers pay for bad ones

1 Oceanside, CA, United States Review updated:

After 7 years as a loyal customer that ALWAYS paid on time and with a credit score of 765 I expected to be treated with the respect that my careful credit management deserves. BUT, that did not stop Capital One from sending me a APR INCREASE of 9% over my previous rate of 6.9%.
When I called to complain and request a reconsideration based on my RECORD and not on their balance sheet, I was told by some guy in India named Saron (ID#JAE169) that NO ONE at Capital One could do anything for me because of rules and regulations???
Aren't we all sick and tired of GREEDY corporations treating people like ignorant children?
Unless consumers STAND up and refuse to do business with companies that CHEAT good customers nothing will ever change.
Please contact your local and national government, media and friends and family and call for a BOYCOTT of unfair practices by companies.
IF we all stood together there is NOTHING we couldn't accomplish. Companies might actually learn that they have to treat customers with respect and not just as a source of revenue. PLEASE JOIN ME!

Comments

• Wh
      24th of May, 2009

Many people have been getting these notices from Capital One lately. I just received two of them, one for each of my Capital One credit card accounts, a day apart from each other, increasing my rates by astronomical amounts as well. While one of those accounts is relatively new, I've had the other for 6 or 7 years, and I've never had a late payment, overlimit, etc. on either account! I have a balance on the older card, so I had no choice but to cancel it to decline the new rate so I can continue paying it down at my current rate, but I'm sure it's also going to lower my credit score because one of my oldest credit cards will now be closed. We also have 2 auto loans with Capital One Auto Finance, also paid faithfully every month. I just can't believe their greed!