Canadian Tire / tire servicing

1 Sudbury Ontario, Canada

I recently had my all season tires put on to my vehicle at the Canadian Tire in Sudbury South End (Four Corners) location.

When my husband was driving home from the picked up, he noticed a noise. He noted it and was going to go back to the store the next day.

The next morning, on his way from dropping off the kids from school, one of the recently put on tires, fell off of the van and sped past him on the road, he lost control of the vehicle and hit a parked car. He could have killed someone or injured himself or our family.

When Canadian Tire was alerted to this event, the Manager stated that the company makes it very clear that the tires need to be torqued and that it was stated on the invoice. No offer of reimbursement was offered, the manager claimed that: "this has never happened before."

Actually, torquing of the tires was NEVER mentioned to my husband, what was mentioned was an upsell of another service. There was no follow through with the service that we asked for in the first place.

This is not the first time that we have had poor work completed at this store. I'm not sure why I return. Obviously, they are not training the people who work in the shop. This is a matter of public safety and it should not be taken lightly.

Ca