Canadian Tire / snow tire service
Earlier this month (November 2008) I went into the Canadian Tire Associate Store on Cemong Road in Peterborough, Ontario to get four new snow tires installed. I wanted their highly rated Goodyear Nordic tires. I was told they had them in stock but they could not make me an appointment to get them installed until a week later.
I was told the tires would be set aside and kept for me when I came in..and saw on their computer that they had been taken out of inventory. I asked the service person I she wanted me to pay for them now. I was told: no problem...they have been set aside for you so you can pay when you come in. I thought this was very good of them.
When I arrived a week later to get the tires installed I mentioned that the Nordics had been set aside for me..and left for lunch while the job was done.
When I returned I saw my car sitting outside and went over to look at the tires before going in to pay. I saw that the tires that had been installed were NOT Nordics but a cheaper tire.
I asked the service what happened to the Nordics I had set aside. I was told that someone must have sold them to another customer.
I then told the service guy I wanted the other snow tires taken off and my summer tires put back on. This was done and I was given a refund.
I would have thought someone would have called me to say the tires they put aside had been sold and would I like another brand...and it would have been nice if they had asked me the same thing before installing a different tire.
This is lousy customer service and a resulted in a complete waste of my time and theirs.
The other stores in the Peterborough area were all out of stock on the Nordics so I went down to Bowmanville where I was treated very well and had a new set of Nordics on by the next day.
I have also sent my complaint to the store.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire - Rude behaviour and no communication
- Canadian Tire - forgetting to check of the part where someone else will be picking up an online order
- Canadian Tire - Unethical Behaviour
- Canadian Tire - customer service-manager adam at dalhousie location
- Canadian Tire - customer service