Canadian Tire / snow tire service

Chemong RoadPeterborough, Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 705- 745-0176
Earlier this month (November 2008) I went into the Canadian Tire Associate Store on Cemong Road in Peterborough, Ontario to get four new snow tires installed. I wanted their highly rated Goodyear Nordic tires. I was told they had them in stock but they could not make me an appointment to get them installed until a week later.
I was told the tires would be set aside and kept for me when I came in..and saw on their computer that they had been taken out of inventory. I asked the service person I she wanted me to pay for them now. I was told: no problem...they have been set aside for you so you can pay when you come in. I thought this was very good of them.
When I arrived a week later to get the tires installed I mentioned that the Nordics had been set aside for me..and left for lunch while the job was done.
When I returned I saw my car sitting outside and went over to look at the tires before going in to pay. I saw that the tires that had been installed were NOT Nordics but a cheaper tire.
I asked the service what happened to the Nordics I had set aside. I was told that someone must have sold them to another customer.
I then told the service guy I wanted the other snow tires taken off and my summer tires put back on. This was done and I was given a refund.
I would have thought someone would have called me to say the tires they put aside had been sold and would I like another brand...and it would have been nice if they had asked me the same thing before installing a different tire.
This is lousy customer service and a resulted in a complete waste of my time and theirs.
The other stores in the Peterborough area were all out of stock on the Nordics so I went down to Bowmanville where I was treated very well and had a new set of Nordics on by the next day.
I have also sent my complaint to the store.
Ma

Comments

Ma
  17th of Nov, 2008
I received a call today from the owner of the Chemong Rd Canadian Tire Store in Peterborough.
He apologized for the problems I had and said he had looked into my complaint and found that someone definately went into the storage room and sold my tires to someone else despite the fact there was a note with my name and "sold" attached to them.
He said the procedure for selling tires has been changed and there will be no more putting aside tires for customers. Thats too bad.
I appreciated the phone call but the problem is the staff who just couldn't care less. They knew what they were doing when they sold my tires from under me.
I'll be looking elsewhere when I change to summer tires in the spring.

Canadian Tire Logo Canadian Tire