Canadian Tire / automotive service
Oct 31, 2017.
Canadian Tire #424 - Automotive Service Center
2510 Hyde Park Gate, Oakville
Purchased new rims for winter tires.
Requested to have rims mounted to vehicle.
After installation, heavy vibrations when travelling high speeds. Inspected rims when I returned home to discover that they were not mounted concentric to the wheel hub. The use of studs to center the rim was done incorrectly such that wheel was off-center. In addition, lug nuts were not torqued correctly.
As this was a safety issue, I performed the remedy myself immediately.
I returned the next day to communicate the problem and was told to call the service manager, Joe, the next day for resolution. Upon reaching Joe, he quickly told me that he would call me back to resolve. It has now been almost 3 weeks and I have left two additional VMs for Joe with no reply.
I would have been happy with an apology and offer to refund the labour service cost as this could have been an honest mistake by the mechanic. Having heard nothing for 3 weeks, I feel the staff at this branch have no interest in respecting me as a customer, and more importantly, the resulting safety risk posed by their poor workmanship.
If by some miracle someone actually responds to this complaint, I would request that I receive a phone call from a representative from the service center along with an offer to compensate me for the trouble of having to do the job correctly.
More Canadian Tire Complaints & Reviews
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks Cordless Reel Lawnmower - it simply does not cut the grass properly! 
- Canadian Tire Mastercraft Tool - would not let me return 
- Canadian Tire - bad customer service 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - defective item 
- Canadian Tire / Yardworks - parts service 
- Canadian Tire Emissions Inspection - e test 
- Canadian Tire - return
- Canadian Tire - parts and service
- Canadian Tire - damange to engine auto repair 
- Canadian Tire Store - filthy public washroom