Cablevision / useless customer service!

1 Sayreville, NJ, United States Review updated:

I have had so many problems from day one with Cablevision, whether it be with the service or the customer service. For months I have had problems with the picture on my screen looking digitalized, sometimes it lasted 2 days and I would not be able to watch any tv. They supposedly ran diagnostics, sent someone out(after 4days from my initial phone call) and said everything looked fine. Thanx!

Then I wanted to lower my cable bill so I got rid of my voip phone and lowered my cable from the silver package to the family. I saved myself a whole $15 but it was a win for me not to have to give them an extra penny of my money. Sooo, I get my cable bill and it seems a little higher than it should be. I ask the first of 4 customer serv reps to run down my bill, and nothing seemed different. It was finally the 4th rep I spoke to that says, you are paying an extra $10 a month for a box I didn't have, that had to be added when I dropped my package cause it was never there and then says you have IO Navigation. So I say whats that?? He says I don't know please hold. He comes back and says its for digital music stations and a channel lineup channel. This is free when you have the Silver package but not free when you have the Family package. Sooo... when I lowered my bill 3 people supposedly didn't see this charge for the last few months. So I asked to take it off, I called back a few days later it was still on there... Now I let them turn my cable off cause I will never give them another penny... I am going with Verizon...

Comments

• Ga
      13th of Sep, 2008

Recently lost my internet service with cablevision. Called Technical support, they said problem was with ethernet card or cable, they insisted problem was with my equipment, and cable modem as working fine. I go out and spend $700 for new computer, only to have this one not be able to connect also. Call support, guess what?? Modem is not working properly. I tell themhow unhappy I am with their service, if they value my business, make it worth my while to stay. Throw me a friggin bone, Free HBO or anthing. Best they could do is give me a one time credit for $20. They don't value my business and I will change my service first chance I get.

• Re
      5th of Jan, 2016

They mess up billing very often and charge you more than promised. When you call they claim not to know what was promised and are downright rude. Worst customer service reps. Company obviously doesn't care. You can waste so much time on cablevision and pay sky prices for very little product.