Cablevision / inferior hardware

1 Montauk HwyIslip, NY, United States Review updated:

About a year and a half ago, cablevision forced all subscribers to take a cable box or lose approximately 11 channels. This box didn't work properly from day one but because it was free, people didn't complain. The rental was free for a year but then the charge ($8) was added to your bill. They even charged a rental on the remote. I went to Ebay and got my own remote for 10 dollars and tried to return their remote to save 2 dollars a month. ($24 a year to rent something you can own for 10 dollars) They said I couldn't return it, I HAD to rent it as it came with the cable box ($8 a month rental fee, so the total rental fee was $10 a month). For the intermittent service from the inferior cable box to their ridiculous fees or renting equipment, it's time to go to another provider. I don't care how bad or good Verizon is, I have to get away from cablevision. I have inquired about FIOS, Dish and Direct TV. Cablevision is hands down the worst company I have ever dealt with. You can tell what kind of company it is when you deal with their staff on every level - unprofessional and ill trained. Keep your money, you earned it and find another provider- I am.

Ip

Comments

• Ni
      18th of Feb, 2010

Rental fee for cable box is either 6.75 or 6.95 including the remote. Check your bill