Cablevision / poor billing practices

1 13 Camelot DriveBudd Lake, NJ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 973-347-8629

Recently after speaking with a neighbor I decided to check my Cablevision bill. All of my neighbors who had the Cablevision internet service and the Cablevision TV cable service had started adding their "phone service". Cablevision had been advertising their triple play for over a year - 3 services, phone, internet and cable service for $100 a month. I have had all 3 since April of 2007 but I was never offered the "triple play deal" when I signed up. I called Cablevision to inquire if I signed up before this deal was in effect and if that was the case why I wasn't offered it when it went into effect. The representative wouldn't tell me the start date for triple play but said I didn't qualify for it because I already had two Cablevision services. I know this is not true because all of the neighbors I knew had both Cablevision TV cable service and Cablevision internet service. I told the representative that I felt this was a very unfair practice for existing customers. I asked why Cablevision had never revieiwed my account. She then said account review was a random intermittant practice because Cablevision has too many customers. I agreed with that statement as they have a monopoly in my area in NJ. Fios is not available where I live as this representative was quick to tell me. She then decided to review my account and discovered I was paying $20 a month too much for family cable services (TV). My complaint is that I was not offered this triple play deal - I am still not sure when it was first offered as the representative wouldn't tell me. But I know it was falsely advertised on the TV and that is illegal. The TV ads never said the "deal" was not available to existing customers who had 2 services and I know many people who has 2 services and got this deal. In my mind Cablevision owes me $540 for overcharging me for 18 months and still owes me $10 a month as they refused to give me this triple play deal and credit me retroactively for their mistake. I could not even talk to a supervisor or manager. I have to wait 48 hours for one to call me back. This just shows because Cablevision has a monoply and does not care about taking care of their existing customers or about fair billing practices.

La

Comments

• Bl
      14th of Mar, 2009

I must tell you that the majority of judges have stock in the cable network industry. Don't expect justice from them.
    Oh by the way, the Digital TV change we all now recieve was put foward to charge us for channel reception in the years to come.
    Another scam the cable companies deploy is the fact that we are all paying for product comercials. Which occupies thirty eight percent of you subscription time.
    TIME TO ACT

• Mn
      1st of Jul, 2009

I got Cable 3 years ago with their offer of $99.00 per Internet/phone/TV services. After the fiots year, the prices have been sky rocketting. Charges for everything. The worst is moving from one address to another one. On March 8th I got a bill for 146.83 and on March 22nd I got another one for $184.16. Tired of all these, I changed to Fios. When I called cable to cancel, they talked about how Fios charges for boxes, so do they!. Also they tell ex-costumers that your electricity bill will go up $12.00 because of the battery. Be careful with all their tricks! It's funny that now that I am out, the reperesentative offered me a price of $99.00 everything included, charges, taxes, etc. LIERS!