Burger King / unsanitary conditions

My husband and I have stopped going to our local Burger King due to dirty eating conditions; dirty tables, dirty floor, dirty drink area, etc. Why is this allowed when all the staff is either standing around talking or doing nothing when business is slow? Every time we went in we had to ask someone to clean off a table or booth so that we could sit and eat . This should not be, especially when it is a slow time and someone should be out cleaning up things! We have noticed this is in various BK's...is this their format? We have only been in ONE BK that is above standards (it is always clean, always! and the staff is always friendly and cheerful, and that is the one in the Galleria area in Johnstown, Pa.) Otherwise, all the rest have been dirty and staff is unpleasant and decor is dull and boring...maybe they don't really want to work there?? I really think BK needs to check their restaurants and do spot unannounced visits to see how things are really being handled! So far the two dirtiest BK's are the one on Scalp Ave., Johnstown, PA and the one on 300 W. Plank Rd. Altoona, Pa.

• Updated by Sharon Bader, May 16, 2018

We also ate in several BK's on the way to TX and they were all the same...filthy!

Sh
May 16, 2018

Comments

• 9w
      16th of May, 2018

people there just for paycheck

20th of May, 2018

The Store # 3070 in Ocala, Fl is as filthy as one can possibly imagine! I only get coffee there once in a while & wouldn't consider eating the food that comes out of that building. I was just there on 5-17-18 for coffee. I was the only person in the place & couldn't find one singe clean table. I got my coffee and looked around as i sat at a dirty table. Every inch of this building is disgustingly filthy! The employees were doing nothing, as there were no customers. They should have been cleaning. This place needs to be shut down! I doubt that the floor has even been mopped in the past month. Gross! I'm done.

• Sh
      20th of May, 2018

@Cheryl Ritter I know exactly how you feel! I think the majority of BKs are this way, apparently, from the complaints that I have been reading. I blame a lot of it on the managers since it seems they obviously don't make their staff work and do the things they are getting paid to do. No wonder they are losing business!