Burger King / charge not on menu

1 100 W. Deuce of ClubsShow Low, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 928-537-5828

I took my grandchildren to eat this evening, ordered two kids'meals, a whopper junior, and medium soft drink. The children requested only a cup for water (same as child's soft drink) and an apple juice as listed on the menu along with 1% milk. while waiting for the order to be filled, (which is was quickly) I scanned the receipt. I noticed a 44cent charge for the apple juice.

I inquired at the counter, where the manager was and she just said the registar rings it up that way.

I pointed out that the extra charge is not listed on the menu, and she said call the company. I also got a useless survey, nothing else listed on the receipt or the bk website.

Forty-four cents for apple juice is doable, but should definitely be posted as an extra charge.

Comments

• Em
      29th of Jul, 2008

I have worked as a manager for two years at McDonalds and have gotten some of the same complaints for our own Happy Meals. The register really does ring it up that way because the total that you see is based on the happy meal price for example: if a happy meal cost $3.50 total [imaginary figure] then on your reciept the actual meal should ring up as say $2.50 for the burger [etc.] and fries. then the extra cost that you see is for the drink say $1

so:
    Meal: $2.50
    Drink $1
    --------------
    Listed price $3.50 hopefully that explains the fast food system. We need to keep record of the drinks etc. that are sold. Thank you and have a nice day.