British Airways / missed flight due to no e-mail confirmation or flight reminder

United Kingdom, England, Greater London, London Review updated:
426 Barandon Walk
Phone: +447745000218
To Whom It May Concern:

I missed my flight scheduled for 01:08 on Tuesday, 23rd June 2015. I actually thought I was departing on Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. I know it's an obtuse mistake to make, but I believe it could have been avoid had I have received a reminder e-mail from yourselves. I was left stranded at the airport overnight because I had no money! Luckily, my brother booked me into the first flight the following with Thomas Cook.

I have flown with BA on numerous occasions in the past and have always received correspondence from yourselves, re: flight reminder/confirmation. However, on this occasion I received no correspondence from BA or eDreams, whom I booked the flight with Online. In addition, I had to pay for a National Express coach ticket from Stanstead Airport to London city centre!

I believe this is not acceptable and really bad service on your behalf, and I therefore feel that I am entitled to some form of compensation.

I hope to hear from you in due course.

Yours truly,

Ricardo Lara
Jul 1, 2015

N  7th of Jul, 2015 by
Dear Ricardo Lara,

We are very sorry you´ve missed a return flight and we do appreciate you had to make a new arrangement however, taking in account that the first leg of your booking was correctly flown and you´ve had a confirmation of your flight reservation we unfortunately, do not consider a refund of this extra cost, as you had been provided with the e-ticket and with the necessary information to correctly catch the booked flight from Ibiza ;)

Warm regards.

eDreams - Customer Care team.

British Airways Logo British Airways