Bridgevine Comcast Authorized Vendor / price for service from comcast not what was sold by bridgevine

1 GA, United States

I ordered Comcast internet service through Bridgevine through their online site today for $34.99 for six months. I received an order confirmation that confirmed the total charges from Bridgevine for the advertised promotion price of $34.99. The invoice clearly states that there are no charges for equipment and professional installation.

Several hours later, I received an email confirmation from Comcast that now has a recurring monthly lease fee of $7.00 for the modem, and $25.00 for installation. Not a great deal of money, but I hate being scammed!

Called Comcast, and after holding for a rep for nearly an hour, was informed that the charges would be $68.33 as stated by the Comcast invoice, and not the $34.99 total as stated by the Bridgevine invoice.

I then proceeded to call Bridgevine and was told "the web site is still under construction", and they can not do anything about the bogus site.

Bridgevine is clearly a scam. I am also now very concerned since I foolishly provided my DOB and SS#.

Comcast is duplicitous in this as well. Comcast surely knows full well that this authorized reseller is engaged in fraud, yet they continue to accept and process orders from Bridgevine. I will be including a copy of complaint along other information I've found regarding Bridgvine to the Office of the President of Comcast.

Bi