Bookit.com / do not use bookit.com!

1 FL, United States Review updated:

My boyfriend and I had the worst experience using Bookit.com for our vacation reservation. I highly DO NOT recommend any one to use their resources or to book through them unless you want big time hassles. First, I booked online late one night, and the Bookit.com site froze up while processing our payment for our hotel. It was late at night, so we decided to call them as soon as they opened in the morning to see if our reservations went through or to arrange our trip over the phone.
I recieved a trip confirmation in an email right away, so I thought maybe the reservations went through. I still wanted to call Bookit to make sure everything was confirmed.

My boyfriend called the next morning, and the Bookit.com agents were rude and unhelpful. They were charging his credit card 4 TIMES because thats what they had listed! We kindly explained to them that we had a server problem with their site freezing, and we obviously did not want 4 trips at the same hotel for the same number of people for the same dates! The Bookit representatives were unhelpful, and wouldn't take the charges off our credit card! On top of that, they wanted to charge us $100 for each trip we wanted to cancel, so now this is over $500.00 just for fees and taxes! We explained to them several times that the trip was just for 3 people, and we did not want that many trips, and that the server froze when we clicked to pay. This even after we called asap in the morning. The Bookit.com customer service were very unhelpful, and after 2 hours and speaking to several "managers", they finally agreed to only charge us for one $100 cancellation, even though it wasn't our fault the button freezed. (All the other sites, and my internet was working fine for other sites) We even had to call again before our trip because the charges didn't get taken off right away.

Then as if that weren't ENOUGH hassle, we got haunted by the nasty Bookit.com people again during our trip! We wanted to stay one extra day, and talked to the Condo company we were staying with. They told us the rates, but said if we wanted the little bit cheaper rate, we just needed to call Bookit.com and arrange it with them. My boyfriend called, and they couldn't even find our reservation on their computers, and they said that there WEREN'T any rooms available at that hotel for the one more day!!! Isn't this a booking hotel site?!?!? My boyfriend went back to our Condo desk, and they didn't know what was wrong with Bookit.com. They happily gave us the one extra night for only $15.00 a night extra! A price we were glad to pay after all the Bookit.com hassle.in the future, I would NEVER EVER book with Bookit.com, and I'd either pay more just to not deal with Bookit.com, or use a different hotel site like hotels.com. I will never use BOOKIT.com or recommend it to anyone. I've seen other horror stories on here, and I am not surprised. DO NOT BOOK YOU TRIP WITH BOOKIT.com unless you want tons of hassles Before AND After your trip!!!

Le

Comments

• Pi
      13th of May, 2008

Book It.Com is the worse most unprofessional and inefficient website I have ever dealt with. They booked my tickets with the wrong airport and refused to refund me for correcting the error. When I called and relayed my story to no less than 15 Customer Rep.s they were completely useless and sounded like a broken record. Finally a supervisor called to confirm a refund, however I still haven't seen it. They are a scam and would not recommend anyone use their site. STAY CLEAR of BookIt.com they are a cheating, scamming company. NOT WORTH the turmoil. Seriously hope someone sues them for their grave mistakes.

• Kn
      24th of Jul, 2008

I used Bookit last week (July 2008) and will NEVER use them again. They have inefficient customer care reps and they overcharged our trip and could not provide how long it would take to refund our overcharge. I am very disappointed.