Bookit.com / hotel confirmation

1 FL, United States Review updated:

Hearing all the negative reviews of BookIt.com, I'm getting nervous about my purchase at BookIt.com.

I reserved and paid in full to BookIt.com a hotel in Las Vegas. I booked this more than one month before I actually arrive in Las Vegas. I called the hotel to confirm whether they received my reservation from BookIt.com. They said no. I called BookIt.com right away, and they told me since I only booked my hotel not even 24 hours ago, it would take time for my confirmation — even though I had already received an email confirmation from BookIt.com 12 hours about booking on their website. Anybody have experience? How long does it take a major hotel in Las Vegas to confirm a BookIt.com reservation? I note that on my BookIt.com voucher, there a BookIt.com reservation confirmation number, but there's nothing on the voucher that has a hotel confirmation number. Thoughts, anyone?

Comments

• Dw
      1st of Oct, 2010

Hello Goingtolas - I am an employee of BookIt.com and rest assured your booking is legitimate. It can often take hotels up to 72 hours, depending on a number of factors to confirm a booking. Our job - and why we provide a confirmation - is to be sure that the hotels maintain the inventory to honor our guests' bookings. Although when they make a mistake on that it is out of our control we do all that we can to ensure that this doesn't happen. Also, feel free to call our customer service department 1-888-782-9722, as we can sometimes contact the hotel directly and have them manually confirm a booking where their systems may have been slower to process. I hope this helps, and please do not hesitate to give us a call with any further questions.

• Go
      2nd of Oct, 2010

Hi D. White.

Thanks for your message. Hope you're doing well.

I've booked Las Vegas Hotels through Expedia and other major online travel sites before, and hotel confirmation has always been instant. Why should BookIt.com be any different?

I note that, 48 hours since I made my pre-paid reservation with BookIt.com, the hotel still doesn't have a reservation for me. Instead, they told me it should be instant confirmation -- even through BookIt.com.

I will hold out a few days longer and then re-connect with the hotel and BookIt.com. I will also download my voucher again to see if it now shows a hotel reservation confirmation number, and not just the BookIt.com booking ID number .

Curious -- you say it can take hotels up to 72 hours to confirm a booking. What would happen then if I booked the hotel one day before my arrival/check-in? There'd be no reservation when I showed up at the hotel, and all I would have is a BookIt.com booking ID number (and that alone would not be enough to get me a room).

• Bo
      4th of Oct, 2010

Dear Valued Guest,

My name is Sonya and I work for BookIt.com®. I would like to assist you with your concern. If you will please email me your booking ID I will verify your hotel has been confirmed.

Since, I do not know which property has yet to confirm your booking it is difficult for me to comment as to why it has yet to be confirmed. Some properties auto-confirm our bookings and others do it manually. We do our best to set up an integrated system with the property so each booking is automatically confirmed with the hotel. Also, with same day bookings or bookings made the day before we call the property to verify availability and confirm the booking. We also have agents, who specially go through all the bookings on a daily basis to find out why certain ones have not been confirmed.

Sincerely,