Bob's Discount Furniture / their furniture is definitely the worst quality I have ever seen!

1 Brookfield, CT, United States Review updated:

Their furniture is definitely the WORST QUALITY I have ever seen! I was going to buy somewhere else, until everyone kept talking me into going to Bob's (Brookfield, CT) The color sectional I wanted (or rather settled for) wasn't in stock - so I had to wait almost 3 months before it was finally delivered - but that's not even half of it.

I have never seen such POOR QUALITY/ WORKMANSHIP in my life! I don't see how they can advertise that they beat the competition . . . who might that be? Salvation Army is the only place I can think of that would have anything to compare!

The fabric is so THIN, you can actually see the frame behind it, and then it's loose on top of it - waiting to see how long it'll take to rip open.

The sectional pieces DON'T MATCH UP & HAVE GAPPING HOLES BETWEEN THE SECTIONS, that is, if they're even the same size.

The seat cushions have SUBSTANDARD FOAM that has PERMANENTLY BOTTOMED OUT only after a few months use & they are only covered w/ FABRIC ON ONLY ONE SIDE - the other side has some CHEAP BLACK LINING fabric (that they actually use on the bottom of the couch to cover the frame) - so you CAN'T EVEN FLIP THE CUSHIONS for even wear.

The back pillows are also CHEAPLY MADE/ LOOKING with zippers that don't sit flush & stab you every time you sit down. The interior filling isn't enclosed in a liner, so it's not exactly feasible to wash them if need be - or you just have a big pile of stuffing all over the room.

The PULL OUT BED is enough to cause SERIOUS PHYSICAL HARM should you roll over the wrong way, with a VERY SHARP METAL FRAME THAT STICKS UP HIGHER THAN THE MATTRESS OR COUCH, with a HUGE SPACE on the side next to the couch AND head of mattress - so if you have kids, I could easily see them GETTING A LEG CAUGHT/ BREAKING if not seriously careful moving around it.

Never noticed the PLASTIC LEGS on it until it got here either.

And the WORKMANSHIP upholstering it in general is the absolutely shabbiest job I've ever seen - have to make sure it's against the wall so no one can see the STAPLES & HOW POORLY THE CHEAP FABRIC IS LINED UP *SORT OF*, never mind where it's NOT EVEN FASTENED ALL THE WAY AROUND. WATCH OUT FOR THOSE STAPLES STICKING OUT ALL OVER THE PLACE TOO - they're definitely SHARP!

A couple of grand for the BIGGEST PIECE OF JUNK I'VE EVER SEEN!

Va

Comments

• Ro
      24th of Oct, 2008

Of course you would say that. If and when customers don't get what they want, when they want, they ALL behave like King Baby!! The same can and would be said for any other store.
    Grow up.. You get what you paid for!! How good of a quality were you expecting for a living room costing $899?? I am sorry you had an inconvenience and I do not work for this company, but try and see it this way. Even if you paid alot, you might still have a problem. The question is: did they do everything to resolve it?? If so, cut them a break..Good Luck

• De
      4th of Jan, 2010

this was the second & last time we purchase from Bob's discount Furniture. The quality of furniture is BAD and the customer service is worse! with our last purchase of a Lift Chair, They delivered earlier than the 3 hour window they give you; of course we weren't home, so they guilted the grounds maintenance worker into opening our apartment (or we would have to pay AGAIN for delivery). NOT COOL
    When I called to complain or maybe speak with Bob about my concerns I was blown off.
    We have now owned this chair for a couple of months and we are scheduled for yet another maintenance.