Bob Evans Restaurant / poor service

1 Lexington, KY, United States

Our family attempted to dine at the Bob Evans on Richmond Rd (#53), Lexington, Ky on 12/29/2017., at 6.00 PM.
The restaurant was almost empty, only two other tables of diners.
There were three waitresses, a manager and a cook on duty.
We were seated promptly, orders were taken with no problem...
1. chicken pot pie
2. Country Fried steak and egg with hashbrowns
3. Rise and Shine breakfast with hashbrowns
4.Grilled Parmesan cheese
5. Fried Chicken Strips, French fries, honey mustard sauce

At 7:00 we had not received any food. The waiter or manager had not approached our table. We observed other customers going to the counter with empty glasses asking for refills.

I approached the waiter (Jonathan) who was standing at the counter with the other personnel talking and asked when we might expect our meals.

They were delivered shortly, however, ...
The pot pie was cold.
The Country Fried steak was missing hashbrowns
The Rise and Shine breakfast was missing sausage links
The Chicken strips were without honey mustard dressing

We asked Jonathan for the missing items...after five minutes, I asked to see the manager. She said the missing items were being prepared and apologized citing the fact that the server was new and we should be aware that "everyone had to start somewhere...and would make mistakes".

I told her I saw no reason for such bad service and her lack of supervision.
My husband told her to take the Pot Pie back as he could not eat it cold.
By this time, our table was so upset no one wished to eat.
She took the cold Pot Pie off of the bill and brought the sausage links...the hashbrowns and honey mustard sauce had still not appeared and it was 7:15.
We told her to forget the hashbrowns, we were leaving. She canceled our check.

So why and I complaining? I think Corporate has the right to know how business is being conducted at this particular Bob Evans. We have dined there for years but our last three visits have resulted in bad results...either items not available that were on the menu(Pot Pie) or poor service.

I am sure your receipts from this particular location reflect a diminished business. We have noticed fewer and fewer diners.

The reason is quite obvious. The manager was not supervising, the other wait staff were visiting each other or sweeping the floor and I have no idea what the cook was doing.

The restaurant business in Lexington is very competitive and this restaurant is not even making an effort to provide good service. Your food is good and priced right...if you can get it to the table.

I felt and obligation to report this incident.

Sc