Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes Family Sizea million black specks of something is in this product and it is not pepper.

M Review updated:

I bought a Family Size Bob Evans Mashed Potatoes at Ingle's Grocery Store and it was unfit to eat. Millions of tiny black specks of something of various sizes were throughout this product plus the pieces that were definitely rotten places in it. This is disgusting! It is not Pepper! I don't know what it is maybe specks of
black metal. I don't want any coupons...that is not why I am writing to you. Bob Evans food products will soon go out of business if this keeps up. I know I will never again buy this product. A Bad reputation will knock your business for a loop.

• Ke
    Kenneth M. Thomas Apr 11, 2016

I agree as well. Only i had huge chunks of mashed potatoes and black things the size of a peanut. PLEASE FIX THIS. This is one of my go to meals at least once a week. Now I can't even think about buying these anymore. It was disgusting.

• In
    Indy Pressa Jul 01, 2016

I have had the same experience TWICE!!! The first time was over a month ago, I always buy the B. E. Mashed potatoes and when I microwaved them, I saw a lot of black specks in it, so I threw them away. Yesterday I purchased another container of the mashed potatoes, the same black specks appeared again!!! This time I am returning back to the Kroger store. I am in Lawrence IN, so it is not just in one specific store. I am not going to purchase them again. Sorry Bob Evans, but you have ruined our appetite for your mashed potatoes!!!

• Li
    Linda54 Feb 20, 2017

I recently purchased a container of Bob Evans Garlic Mashed Potatoes from a store. Expiration date was okay (03-11-17). We never tasted them because of "worm-looking" pieces throughout when I stirred them after microwaving. My husband commented that these worm-looking things were probably garlic pieces. But the potatoes had only a very light garlic aroma, and I've never seen garlic that color.

HERE'S YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT AND BACK UP YOUR PRODUCT AND REPUTATION (and I don't mean with a replacement box of garlic mashed potatoes!)

• Am
    amalvoso Feb 22, 2017

Same here

• Je
    JEQ Feb 23, 2017

I too had BE Mashed Potato singles with one particularly nasty, hard, black, "thing" in them. It was about the size of a blueberry...so gross. I have seen little pieces of what I guess were bad potato in them before but this was really gross. I filled out the customer service form and attached the photos I took. I tried this 5 times from my phone, where the photos were and everytime it said an error happened and they were sorry!!! I finally sent it from my PC without the photos...haven't heard anything back yet. This is so gross I may never eat them again.

• Am
    amalvoso Feb 23, 2017

@JEQ I got a bored look from the store manager when I returned the potatoes. Looks like no one cares anymore.

• Be
    Becky Sherrill Oct 07, 2017

Hete it is oct, 2017 and I just found the same stuff in my garlic farm stype mashed potatoes. They were almost bean size but all jagged. I picked the bigger ones out and washed them and got a very bright flash light. They were actually a deep green in color. We just could not eat them. Nasty nasty.
    [email protected]

Marissa Rodriguez Aug 05, 2018

Just had the same black balls in our Bob Evans mashed potatoes, so disgusted with this. We could not even eat them. So I just threw away $3.49. I will never buy these again. Honestly i cant see how this isnt happening to more people.

Mary Connelly Boyle Sep 06, 2018

I have black specs of unknown origin in Bob Evans mashed potatoes. I'm throwing them out. I'm surprised. This has been my favorite brand but now I'm not sure if I should continue to buy them.

• Ka
    Kathy Tobin Cruz Jan 31, 2019

This just happened to me tonight with the sweet potatoes. I can only eat soft foods so all of the mashed Bob Evans were my go to. I saw a local comment about this so I took notice this time while eating. It is really disgusting. I am sooo disappointed. Crushing. The taste is amazing but I cannot think about buying these again

• Ke
    Kerry McKenzie Feb 18, 2020

Scan Code: 075900005257 - Use by 03-23-20 KCL4

Was VERY disappointed with product when found, what appeared to be a foreign material. Do to the fact that it was garlic mashed potatoes, thought it was some garlic seasoning. Looked at the ingredients to see what we thought it might be, it only listed garlic powder. Initially, saw only one, pulled it out and stirred and found four more. It looked like mold balls; and because we could not identify it according to the ingredients, we had to throw it away.